my very own micro farm

Pics
It's a girl!

Again!!!!!!! How did you get so blessed!!!!!! Congrats to you all!!!!!!
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f455.png
1f468-1f468-1f467-1f467.png
1f380.png
1f380.png

UtOh, you're really outnumbered now, dude!!

Congrats!

Congratulations Mr. (and Mrs.) attimus!

Again!!!!!!! How did you get so blessed!!!!!! Congrats to you all!!!!!!
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f455.png
1f468-1f468-1f467-1f467.png
1f380.png
1f380.png

Thanks all and yes. Outnumbered indeed. If I can teach the second to be as fearless as first it should be an interesting few years. Certainly alot to do out here and my windows of time are getting smaller even as the days get longer. Just gotta keep moving.

Onwards and upwards
Attimus

Just brought two of the chicks up onto the porch. Thought one was just cold yesterday but now they are both a little lethargic and off balance. Nutridrench in the water and some fresh feed. Possibly give them a little yogurt soon.

Grabbing a lamp for them too. Little extra wamrth while its chilly out.

Attimus

Fun fact for the day.
My cat likes to chase turkeys

This turkey just wandered right through the middle of everyone. Didn't even skip out over the fence when I let the dog out. Cat sure was having a good time following it around tho.

Another fun fact
I have too many broody hens

Went to do a head count and noticed immediately there weren't enough on the roosts. Quick spot on the boxes and I saw this.

Chicks don't really seem better or worse. I don't have any plain yogurt around but I boiled an egg for them. Seemed to have perked their appetite a bit, feeds scratched around a bit even tho they don't look like they have moved much. Perching on a little frame in front of the light.

Got some more boxes reframed and wired, now I just need to fill them in. Digging, always digging. Only two big ones left to fix in that location and maybe just in general for a while. Not that I have a slew of large planter boxes lying around but there are others that could use some love too.

Incubator seems to be doing well. All gages reading constantly, humidity dropped quite a bit so I added a most sponge. Will need to get a iny hose and syringe to go through a vent hole next time so I can avoid opening it. Been good so far. Only had to twice now. Probably wait til a little later in the game to candle. Maybe even wait til lockdown. Just gotta be patient. One week down already, only two to go.

Time to wander for a bit.

Onwards and upwards
Attimus

Fun fact for the day.
My cat likes to chase turkeys

This turkey just wandered right through the middle of everyone. Didn't even skip out over the fence when I let the dog out. Cat sure was having a good time following it around tho.

Another fun fact
I have too many broody hens

Went to do a head count and noticed immediately there weren't enough on the roosts. Quick spot on the boxes and I saw this.

Chicks don't really seem better or worse. I don't have any plain yogurt around but I boiled an egg for them. Seemed to have perked their appetite a bit, feeds scratched around a bit even tho they don't look like they have moved much. Perching on a little frame in front of the light.

Got some more boxes reframed and wired, now I just need to fill them in. Digging, always digging. Only two big ones left to fix in that location and maybe just in general for a while. Not that I have a slew of large planter boxes lying around but there are others that could use some love too.

Incubator seems to be doing well. All gages reading constantly, humidity dropped quite a bit so I added a most sponge. Will need to get a iny hose and syringe to go through a vent hole next time so I can avoid opening it. Been good so far. Only had to twice now. Probably wait til a little later in the game to candle. Maybe even wait til lockdown. Just gotta be patient. One week down already, only two to go.

Time to wander for a bit.

Onwards and upwards
Attimus

Do you have an egg turner in it? It's okay to open the bator up to lock down. Are you going to candle the eggs?

Do you have an egg turner in it? It's okay to open the bator up to lock down. Are you going to candle the eggs?
yes, there's a turner, that will be coming out at lockdown when I plan on candling. Not sure if I will sooner or not yet. Really trying to trust the build. And not fiddle with stuff to much. And my last post was riddled with errors.
*Consistantly
*tiny
*moist

Attimus

Last edited:
@Angie16hearts there's some folks in the northern CA thread looking for serama and willing to drive.

Thank you! I got locked out of BYC. I forgot my password. Oops ! I had my best hen hatch 4 I left to run a errand came back
1f630.png
1f622.png
1f621.png
she was finishing up the 4 th chick all dead! She pecked at there face and back. She's has been broody 2 x and never hurt her babies. In fact she was way over protective ! They were all black chicks this batch was yellow. I've heard sometimes they think they are not there's ? I don't know..... I was livid she will never set again! So I pulled all the eggs from the other broody and the two she had left and put in bator. 4 have hatched two to go. Yes, I definitely need to get on the serama thread. I've been saving her eggs incase anyone wants those too. I'm way behind on the thread ! Have some catching up to do. Hope all is well with everyone. Here's the two that hatched about two days ago.
can anyone explain why she would do that? They were healthy. Definitely don't want to open a coop to that scene again !!

Back
Top Bottom