my very own micro farm

Pics
Well looks like my incubator spiked to 104 at some point in the last several hours and then blew a bulb and dropped down to low 90s. Not much I can do at this point. Lockdown in a few days. Replaced the bulb. Waiting for temp to settle.

Attimus

The clouds on my way up and then over the hill towards my house. Never did rain again, still cloudy today. Gonna try and get some more weedeating done today.
BBQ went over well. The Misses was pleasantly surprised. And most of the people I invited came so I didn't end up with a ridiculous amount of left over food. Looking now there's actually no cooked food left. Good stuff. I also neglected to take any pictures of what I was making. All finger foods and alot of fruit so it wasn't anything fancy. I also just kind of cooked as stuff was being eaten. It went really well.

ill be hatching my batch of fibros on the 6th of may

Nice that's the week after mine. We'll have to get some comparative pictures once they hatch. That is if that temp swing yesterday doesn't affect things. I try to remember that momma hens get up occasionally too.
Here's to a good hatch.

Onwards and upwards
Attimus

Well I just can't sit idle can I. Found out that my lockdown is today :) glad I got curious. Found this while trying to do the math on days
http://homesteadapps.com/app/free/hatchchart/hatchturnsche.php
Answered my question.
Turners out. And I only pulled 7 eggs @birdman55, with no visible development. Bit of an on the spot scramble but it's all said and done. Just waiting for the temp to climb back up. Added a second sponge and full size trays under both, up until now I was just using a lid. Might need to make some adjustments but I've got the day off so it must be kismet.

Attimus

Busy weekend, busy week. Got more weedeating done. It all tall enough now I can't see the full size chickens in it half the time. Heck my kid starts to disappear when we paly disc golf, so it's got to go.
Built the brooder yesterday for the chicks.

Had to add a higher wattage bulb to the incubator to keep the temp stable after adding all the water wells and removing the turner, also forgot about the big fat hole for the cord. Took a day to get it to stay over 60% humidity. And I got some wire cages built that should keep them separated as they come out of the shell.
Hatch due tomorrow, maybe there'll be some activity tonight. I certainly planned this all out well. This coming Friday is when I'll be doing the chalk art for the local butterfly festival starting farely early in the am, should keep me busy during hatch.
Getting ready to move these chicks back outside but still in there own pen. Going to wait until tomorrow since there's a storm warning in effect including thunder and lightning.
Down to two broodies in the main pen and a rather persistent one in the kelso pen, she at least gets off the eggs when I come over to her. Still need to modify that bigger pen for multiple broody. Got the pallets, just not sure here I want to make this things home while its set up.
I also got asked about my hoop coop that's on its side(paused that project as more immediate things have been coming up) lady down the road wanted to buy it. But sure enough if I sold it I'd need it the next day.
Several of the mallard hens have returned from their off property sites. I checked one and it had been destroyed. Glad she wasn't there when it happened, and I'm trying to get some things set up in the pond Area for them that's a little more private. Those a frame pallet deals seem ideal with the grass growing up through them. We'll see.

Well now that I'm up let's get this day moving.

Onwards and upwards
Attimus

Well I just can't sit idle can I. Found out that my lockdown is today
smile.png
glad I got curious. Found this while trying to do the math on days
http://homesteadapps.com/app/free/hatchchart/hatchturnsche.php
Answered my question.
Turners out. And I only pulled 7 eggs @birdman55 , with no visible development. Bit of an on the spot scramble but it's all said and done. Just waiting for the temp to climb back up. Added a second sponge and full size trays under both, up until now I was just using a lid. Might need to make some adjustments but I've got the day off so it must be kismet.

Attimus

well thats a fibro of a good day....hope they all hatch...going to be setting 60 fibro eggs and a set of pheasants today....goal is 500 fibros before the end of the year....so well see....

Back
Top Bottom