my very own micro farm

Just went to check on my incubator and one of the bulbs was blown! Literally blown, glass everywhere. Must not have been for too long it was only down 3 degrees in that corner. New bulb in and some of the glass cleaned up, and already back to temp
1f603.png
Oy Vey!! What a mess!!
Any idea on the cause?

Not sure about the bulbs blowing. They are ace brand. Makes me consider heat plates on the next build.
Got a candle in on every egg last night with aircells marked. Flashlight sure is bright enough but the oblong shape of the bulb might not be the best. There's at least veins in most, possibly an infertile and maybe a quitter or two.
This will be the 4th hatch of chicks this year, second from the bator and 6 altogether counting ducklings with what's come and what's about too.
Still doesn't seem like that many
1f609.png

Onwards and upwards
Attimus

@Jensownzoo not long at all, master blaster. Lol. Mama was mid stride in photo, had been pacing for a minute before i could get a good shot.

Newest hatch, all still coming. Shes dead set on the eggs too so i think theres more to come. We'll see what happens with this afternoons heat. The tiny chick in the last picture we just got a glimpse of but i believe its a cross between the D'uccle bantam and the smaller of thr freeranging game hens. Has the coloring of the keslo but is so small and has little feathers on its legs.

More to catch up on later.

Onwards and upwards
Attimus

It's been awhile ! Hope all is well! Been busy with 3 boys not being in school lol.... And to keep them from playing video games and getting there butts outside to play like we all did as kids. Luckily water balloons and slip n slides are working great!
I live your pictures! Very beautiful hens and adorable chicks. Don't you love that one or two any key chicks?! I swear I always fall in love with the cockerels before I realize what gender. I read most of the thread That I have missed the last few weeks. Everything looks good Attimus! Sad about your ROO hope he's doing better!

It's been awhile ! Hope all is well! Been busy with 3 boys not being in school lol.... And to keep them from playing video games and getting there butts outside to play like we all did as kids. Luckily water balloons and slip n slides are working great!
I live your pictures! Very beautiful hens and adorable chicks. Don't you love that one or two any key chicks?! I swear I always fall in love with the cockerels before I realize what gender. I read most of the thread That I have missed the last few weeks. Everything looks good Attimus! Sad about your ROO hope he's doing better!

Haha I remember telling my mom I was going down to the creek and not coming back until dusk. Lol. Been crazy busy myself, alot of hatching, all are doing well minus a duckling. Something I'll get into later with more time. I'm happy I had more bantams this time around, there's that one I think is a cross with my game that should be interesting. the ee's are all rather drab as I've been getting mostly buffs.
The rooster is doing better, mostly just is pride that was hurt but you can still tell from the thin feathers on his head something happened.
Catching up while I prep for a function. More later as usual.

Onwards and upwards
Attimus

Quote: I may do a few turkeys next year.
Got a fresh one last fall in a barter, parted it out before freezing, just finished up the last of it.
Man O Man, just SOO good!! Great meat, best.... stock..... ever!
Building hoop coops this summer, might work for growing out a few.
Contemplating getting a breeding pair of miniature whites.

I may do a few turkeys next year.
Got a fresh one last fall in a barter, parted it out before freezing, just finished up the last of it.
Man O Man, just SOO good!! Great meat, best.... stock..... ever!
Building hoop coops this summer, might work for growing out a few.
Contemplating getting a breeding pair of miniature whites.
ya after the chicken I've tasted of my own compared to the store I can only imagine how a turkey is going to be. We are also already considering getting a pair of royal palms as pets, possibly to breed out for meat. I sunk ten tposts yesterday and wrapped about 100feet of welded wire around the rest of the garden and sectioned of area where I plan to keep them. It butts up against the duck enclosure so I'll use the frame from that to help support a shade structure for them.

Attimus

Back
Top Bottom