my very own micro farm

Thanks, is what it is tho. Actually getting a little more used to death than I ever thought I would.

Attimus

Yeah, me too. Had a streak of incredibly bad luck. Thought it might be over, but this morning found a point-of-lay bird drowned in a pan holding 2" of water. How does that even happen? If she stood up it wouldn't even touch her belly. Ah well, chickens right?

Several weeks ago I thought I had lost my hona male to a predator, only to find him several days later under an upturned feed bucket, one that I had personally flipped over myself after it was empty which makes the situation even odder, he just sat there....
Anyways some random scratching and a few echoed pecks later he was discovered and quickly put up in the smaller hoop coop to recover.
Well now he has and it's time to gtfo.
Best time to move a chicken in with other chickens, middle of the night. I'm about to head out and put him in the main pen.

Attimus

your timing is impeccable.

Just a half hour old.
Karis Ivey
what a beautiful baby! Congrats ! Love every moment i know you will! I miss those days now my kids tallk back ugh lol. Sorry a bit late on congrats.

what a beautiful baby! Congrats ! Love every moment i know you will! I miss those days now my kids tallk back ugh lol. Sorry a bit late on congrats.
no worries on the delay and thankyou. Ive been understanding all too well how precious time is becoming, both at home and work. Good to see your still floating around.

Attimus

As I stand on my front porch enjoying my morning "coffee" having finished feeding and watering about a half hour ago, I'm just watching as I tend to do.
The weather has been slowly changing, mornings are becoming colder and colder. The late light of the evening is fading earlier. And the moods of all my birds are changing.
The ducks are robust and full of energy, males and females vuying(sp) for position. It'll be alot easier for them soon, 8 or so drakes in my cross hairs for the holidays.
The chickens for the most part are on the opposite end are spending more of the mornings clustered together in some of their favorite spots, saving their energy for a shorter day of foraging.

Just an observation for the morning and beyond.

Good day to you all,
Onwards and upwards

Attimus

Last edited:
Rain rain rain. First of the season. I got as much as I could done and covered before work. Still waiting for those slow days everyone keeps talking about coming soon, But water is patient, more so than I. As a matter of fact it's doing its best right now to let me know where all of my weak spots are.
Also watching The Young pullets and cockerels run from raindrops has been pretty entertaining.

Random ramble finished

Attimus

Back
Top Bottom