Naked Neck/Turken Thread

: Cross posted : Brodie hen- egg Hatch HELP, 4 Eggs laid, 3 hatched on time. ▬ 36 hrs ago, Last Eggs Not due till 2 days. She keeps Leaving Last egg in Day light, Goes out to run with chicks ! 2 nights now I put egg Back under her @ Night. NOT working out. egg goes pn wet towel in Brooder under Eco Brooder. Towel goes Cold & egg never stays warm. Help please save this egg. Hen is Gone now.

LAST Night
I put day 18ish egg BACK under hen & her 3 chicks, checked this 1hr ago this Am she was still on, I've Locked her in Nursery Coop. Has food & water lots of room for a few days.

Anyone have ideas on How to keep egg alive till hatching in 2 or 3 days, Candled last night Still alive.

Last edited:
20170724_134329.jpg
Sharing everywhere! One of the granddaughters staying with us came upstairs and says, hey grandma, I painted this for you. I cried. She is 17.

Not sure, I know eggs can hatch even if hen goes out they don't require 24 hour sitting by hen, you can try incubating the final days in an incubator. Also if she has been getting off and on more if you set the egg in the incubator for the stage it is at you might want to give it extra time... just my noob thoughts on this. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in as all I got is what I have read up on this stuff.

Hen Goes Out & stays Out ! till Dusk.
I just checked......... Hen off egg with chicks. egg cold, I opened coop door.
Candled egg, air sack larger, tilted.
Put egg in Brooder under Eco. on damp towel. Crud :he

Hen Goes Out & stays Out ! till Dusk.
I just checked......... Hen off egg with chicks. egg cold, I opened coop door.
Candled egg, air sack larger, tilted.
Put egg in Brooder under Eco. on damp towel. Crud :he
Not sure how to answer that one. In my experience if the gen has hatched chicks already and is ready to come off the nest there really isn't anyway to make her stay to hatch it.

Sounds to me like an egg was put in or laid in the nest way later that the others.

If it were me I'd just toss the egg and forget it.

Just being honest.

Eggs different time, the Last one was a Opps egg. put in 3 days later. Hen who laid it as well as Rooster Both Gone now.

I put Egg Back under Hen @ night. she sits on till Am, then I put egg in Brooder Under EcoGlow -

Day 19/20 Today, Egg still alive. Since this incubation has been Spotty I'll give an xtra day.

If Nothing happens by 31st I'll toss it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom