Naked Neck/Turken Thread

I am so thankful I found a thread for others like myself - no one else understands my love of the Naked Necks!  I have frizzle naked neck easter eggers in the bator right now!
HI MA Mama! I love my NN's, they are fabulous birds. I have a small bantam flock that includes frizzles and a few LF NN's. I was dusting my flock this morning and while I had one little hen in my had my little NN/EE hen kept flying up and attacking my hand!! She was more worried about her then the rooster who didn't seem to care what I was doing! :lol:

roll.png
unfortunately, I understand! I have a flower bed like that! Only it is sprouting unwanted trees and weeds
tongue.png

This is my Silkie Naked Neck cross. It was sold as a Showgirl egg, but it doesn't have Silkie feathers, so is it still a Showgirl? Love it either way! My kids got REAL creative with her name... meet.... Showgirl.

I have a pair of turkens and they are so friendly! Only problem i am having with them is that my roo is kind of rough with my hen. He has no spurs to speak of and I keep his nails trimmed but alas he has cut up her sides twice......once bad enough that I didnt think she was gonna make it. So I have decided that he needs more ladies to split up the rooster lovins with. Hopefully if hes not on her too much it wont be so hard on her. He's such an awesome boy otherwise that I just can't see getting rid of him.

Has anyone here ever tried making a sex link with a Turken roo? My roo has the same color as my NH chickens and was wondering if it works the same.

I did however make the most adorable science projects with him and a buff laced polish hen! They look like little buff laced Turkens with top hats :p

This is my Silkie Naked Neck cross.  It was sold as a Showgirl egg, but it doesn't have Silkie feathers, so is it still a Showgirl?  Love it either way!  My kids got REAL creative with her name...  meet.... Showgirl.
:lol: Perfect name for her...nope, she's what you'd call a Naked Neck. She's cute!

jeepchick
Would like to see pics of the naked neck X polish crosses. I am working on a naked neck polish and so far only one chick has hatched and it was not a naked neck. The two possible dads are naked neck crosses and the polish hens are buff laced and red crested red. I have more eggs going into the incubator this weekend. Ma Mama love the dark face on your naked neck bird,beautiful bird.

I can't get a good pic of one of my Polish x NN crosses for anything. This one has a small crest.
6712009.jpg

6712010.jpg

I have a couple with better crests and many with worse or none at all. I had a couple of white crested blue / black NN chicks and they accidently got squashed.
I moved a couple of NN green-egger girls (a frizzle and 2 smooth) in the White Crested Black Polish pen. I'll be setting the first of their eggs the 10th.

Candled the eggs set 5/31 (finally) last night and 5 of 7 of the eggs from the barred NN bantam pen are growing --- now if I can keep them laying instead of going broody again.

Back
Top Bottom