Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Kassaundra not all of southern california is warm during the winter. Only the costal area around San Diego. Any place inland with an elevation above 1000 feet gets cold. Wind is also a problem causing the cold dry air to feel much worse. Plus a lot of California has mountains. Even Los Angeles gets "chilly" and many of the chicken folks on here do not live in either LA or SD.
That's interesting, I've been through diff parts of CA a couple of times in my life (when I was way younger) but don't know much about it's weather, just imagined it was warm and all b/c of the citrus fruit growing and stuff we can't grow here. Also just think of desert more then mountains for So. CA.

KKH, there is always making him a little chicken sweater! lol

Yes citrus and grape vines. But smudge pots are kept handy during winter. It is the almost contunuous sunshine that makes for 12 months of gardening. I am not sure of the exact amount of area is used for farming but it must be less than 1/3.

I got a new peep from under a broody just a couple hours ago and had to share a picture or two.
It looks to be splash and mottled and has a tiny bow tie. The dad is blue mottled(small bow tie) and mom is mahogany and blue(big bow tie).

Chipper, the momma.

I got a new peep from under a broody just a couple hours ago and had to share a picture or two.
It looks to be splash and mottled and has a tiny bow tie. The dad is blue mottled(small bow tie) and mom is mahogany and blue(big bow tie).

Congratulations! It'll be fun seeing this one feather out.

If your looking for any chick's we have some,last hatch till September.This is Fred he just won reserve aosb at the harrisonburg show.Our nn are bred to standard of perfection.we have several different color's all are exhibition quality,Thanks for looking
Greg
Old orchard and Bayshore farm's
Exhibition poultry.

If your looking for any chick's we have some,last hatch till September.This is Fred he just won reserve aosb at the harrisonburg show.Our nn are bred to standard of perfection.we have several  different color's all are exhibition quality,Thanks for looking
Greg
Old orchard and Bayshore farm's
Exhibition poultry.
Congratulations oldorchardfarms! Makes me wonder how many people are breeding for the SOP...probably not many. They're so much fun to mix with other breeds. Way to represent Fred!!!

Back
Top Bottom