Need Good Old Fashioned Rain Boots

I love my MUCK boots. I've done everything in them. From hunting to feeding pigs to riding mules. I really like the way they hug your legs. They do a great job of keeping your pants leg tucked in. Easy to slip on and off. I got mine at TCC. They do cost a bunch, but will last for years.

To me those chicken boots look like they have the curve around the ankle that the OP was referring to in her OP. Also - seriously? $60 for a pair of boots to wear out to the yard and get all muddy?

I wish I could remember where I got mine. Where I come from we call them Gum Boots, and I found a pair, probably at TSC or something, that I'm really happy with. They cost less than $20 4-5 years ago and are still going strong. Not the bright yellow of those kiddy boots though. Mine are navy blue. Easy on, easy off, no leaks, legs are wide enough to tuck pants into.

I paid about $15 for a cute pair of pink with horses from TSC.... within 2 months of steady use they were cracked. Now they are semi-cute, pink with horses, and grey duct tape.

I really like my Bog boots, the bottom has good traction and the top is made of neoprene so no leeks and they are very warm! I originally bought them for clam digging. I can't remember what I paid for them though! My hubby now wants a pair.

Oh, if those cutey ones curve in at the ankle, that won't work. My ankle size varies a lot as i have circulation problems in my legs, so sometimes my ankles are huge like loaves of bread, other times normal. So i guess i need to look into Bog boots and Gum boots?

Quote:
I just wanted to tell you that I ordered a pair of the mid-calf Bogs and they are good boots, but they do curve in at the ankle-so they may not be what you are looking for. I also think they are very hard to get off- there is no ridge or anything at the heel to be able to push against with your other foot to push them off. It's a major pain. Maybe Bogs have other styles though-that would be easier to remove.

I would also like to find some of the old fashioned rainboots.

Last edited:
My son has a pair of croc boots bought online. He has worn them for outside work for about two years, and they are still going strong. I can certainly recommend them.

Got my $14 black boots at TSC. They had a number of different brands to choose from in a variety of prices. I got the plain, black mens rubber boots and they have been great. I have fat calves, so I ended up slitting them up the side so I can get my pants down in them. Other than that they have been great. And they were cheap, so I don't stress about wading through muck and mire in them.

Back
Top Bottom