Need some prayers for my puppy... update post #22 & post #101

georgialee-First of all I am sorry this is happening to you. I do understand what you are going through.
This exact thing happened to my daughter several years ago. Her pup which seemed fine at the store (I desperately tried to talk her out of buying there) became ill after she took him home. They brought him to my house-I have two mature dogs and she had an older female dog too. The pup began to vomit and act ill. We took him to the vet the same day of purchase and found he was Positive for parvo. This little guy was so ill. The vet thought he would die. Luckily for us, the doctor called the store and informed them. Since we were so quick to get him in it probably saved his life. The store owner paid all the vet bills! and little Boris is now about 6 years old and as healthy as a horse.
What I wanted to say is the dog will be ill for a long time and the virus can stay alive for about a month as I recall (double check this with your vet). Our dogs and her old girl were under quarantine for 1 month. Everything needs to be bleached and stools flushed away and bleached. Luckily he was at our house but an hour so there wasn't much to clean up. Her older dog came and lived with us the month he was recovering. Even after the first couple of days at the vet and the next week at home he still needed to go back to the vet as there were a set backs. DO NOT get another animal for at least 3-6 months as the parvo virus will stay alive and can infect another animal.
Good luck.

I called this afternoon and they said there was no change which is not a good thing since he couldn't keep down food or water. They said they gave him fluids so that should help with hydration but if he won't eat then there's not anything they can do.
sad.png
I'm going to call again in the morning to see if there's any change.

Poor baby and poor family. That's very very scary.

I too would write a review, detailing what I know and have seen with my own two eyes. If it's 100% the truth, that you could testify under oath in court, then being sued for slander/libel would be stupid on their part. But, if you exaggerate even a tiny detail then it could discredit your entire review. Wait until the entire thing is over, then post a play by play of the whole thing, including the threatening phone call, AND the fact that you were offered/received a refund... ALL the facts good and bad.

Just the facts in this case would make me steer clear of that place completely for the sake of my animals already at home, but it really boils down to people's choice... if they like that store they'll keep going there no matter what's said.

hugs.gif

y'all, your support means so much to me.

I am so sad that I didn't get one single picture of him. He was the cutest little thing. If he makes it I'll have to post a bunch.

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh gash. I hate to say it, but I will anyway. I hate it for the pup, that innocent victim. I am sorry for the child, it does not understand. But I think that the adults in question should have done their homework better. It does not take much to learn that you should buy any breed of dog from a reputable breeder. It might cost more in the beginning, but it pays off big time in the end. It was already said: Parvo is not the only thing that can be wrong with a pup. There are numerous health issues to consider, all depending on the breed of choice. I am sorry this happened, but all pet stores are...uh...suspect, due to the fact that they sell pups to un-screened homes. It it as much the buyers fault (for not being prepared or educated) as the pet stores. I am sorry though that this hard lesson has hit home for a buyer with a soft heart for a cute face. Very sorry, but please, don't only blame the seller.
sad.png

In the meantime: I am certainly keeping my fingers crossed for the pup and his new loving family. I don't know what breed Bolt is, but some breeds fare better avoiding and overcoming parvo, than others. Obviously, it is too late for the avoidance part. Now we can only hope he has a chance to overcome it.

Quote:
I am not redyre, but immunity is built up in pups with the first vaccination rounds. For some diseases (and some breeds) it is too little too late if you skip the puppy doses and go on to vaccinating the adult. They still cannot totally overcome the viral attack
sad.png

Last edited:
Quote:
dogs can pick up all kinds of crap at shows,most are vaccinated,but even being vaccinated doesnt mean they wont get the diseases they are vaccinated for..I have heard tamiflu and another one called parvaid is doing wonders for dogs sick with parvo..something to discuss with your vet anyway.

Back
Top Bottom