Nevadans?

I have 6 Black stars and 5 California Whites all 1 1/2 yrs old. They're in the middle of molting but otherwise fine. I live in the city and want to replace them with RIR's and Barred Rocks in the spring and would like to find a home for them now. They're free to whoever wants them, however you must take them all. They're great layers, I just don't want to feed them all winter only to replace them in the spring. Anyone interested?

Hi, welcome!! That's the only way I get through butchering my birds, is knowing they lived a better life on my property than they would have in a meat factory.

I've always ran bantams and LF together with great success. :] No deaths, or even fighting. Even the roosters get along, I think because the LF don't really see the bantam roosters as a threat, haha.

I'm talking to Aubrey now, I'm thinking about doing a solid color for my first couple of years just to get the hang of it. :] I don't know yet, I am certainly open to it. If I do solid colors, I'll probably do white. Are you interested in that?
Thanks for being the sensible one haha I have enough patterns to worry about! We could always try 2 varieties as well. I know a good place to get a nice pair of quails they just need to be shipped :(.
I was wondering what some of your opinions on mixing LF with bantams in 1 coop, I have 2 EE's and 1 GSL currently and I want to get bantams maybe, Like D'uccles or silkies or so many other breeds...I am getting sleepy, very very sleepy, so... many... CHICKENS!!!!!
I don't want my big chickens to kill the little ones, but I also just love bantams, and I don't think my parents will let me get another coop.
Bantams go fine with large fowl as long as they have room to get away in case they are getting beat up on. I have a blue jap hen avalible just FYI

I have a tiny little BTB Jap roo that hangs with all the LF. He thinks he's a FBCM, cause those are the hens he comically tries to breed with the most. They just flick him off their shoulders. LOL The bigger roos never have bothered him in the 2 years he's been out with them.

Hi! I have a broody and I'm looking to sneak some eggs under her ASAP. Looking for DARK local Marans eggs....or EE, Ameracaunas, Legbar, Olive Eggers. Always adding to the basket. :p Let me know ASAP if you have some and are willing to sell, or know of some locally I can buy. Thanks so much!!! And, yes, I've been looking online...but want them ASAP.

Yep, I figure that they will have a good life.

Which is also why I've adopted feral cats from the shelter. They get to live their life in "luxury" compared to being either euthanized, or being out with no regular food source. All my pets learn quickly that I am their food source, and I enjoy watching them :)

My hubby will be doing the actual butchering, etc. and we'll see how it goes.

That's Sunny Dawn if you want Marans. She might even have some Ameracaunas available as well. She's working on her olive egg project right now.

Thank you! Sent her a PM so hopefully she has some she's willing to part with. :D I know it's the wrong time of year but my daughter is soooo excited that we decided to give it a go and if we have to move the hen into our heated shop we will.

Does anybody here want a couple of Welsh Harlequins (a male and female)? I need to rehome my 2
hit.gif
I just don't have the proper resources to make them a proper home and it's not fair to them to live in a small run with only a small tote to swim around in. Let me know if you, or know anybody who, can give these 2 the best home they deserve. Thanks!

My blue jap pullet that I have avalible with a Wyandotte I bred this year in the back.

Another shot of the jap pullet. Pm me for information in south Reno.

Back
Top Bottom