Nevadans?

I have some bad news today.
I'm so very sorry to hear about the passing of your little Monique
hugs.gif

Oh Cheryl, I'm sorry. I have 2 that are about 5 also, actually more if I count the FBCMs that Bill bought me before he died. I'm trying hard to hold onto all of them, but lost about half of the FBCMs since they are closer to 6 and 7. She had a good home though and I'm sure she appreciated you her whole life.

I am hoping someone can help me. I may be moving to Reno for work and found a nice place in Portola. I saw that it is an hour drive from Reno and was wondering if there are others who work in Reno but live in CA? I am having a hard time finding a place I can afford ($1000) with an 11 yo german shepherd and chickens.

The entire reason for moving to Reno was so I could keep my gals but now that Im down to the last month, if I cant have them, may have to consider other states.

If anyone wants to offer suggestions feel free.

Thanks in advance
Barb

Thanks everyone!

Kim - She was the first Cuckoo Marans Sunny bought from a hatchery and I bought her from Sunny 3 years ago. I believe Sunny said she was around 2 when I got her but she can be even older than that.

Thanks Mamabear - but one thing about Monique was she wasn't little at all. She weighed between 8 and 10 pounds, she was a huge girl but boy could she hop up onto things.

bhaugh - I can tell you for sure no one lives in Portola and commutes here to Reno because of the Snow and stuff. You would miss so much work it isn't even funny. I know there are places around here that should be in the range you are looking for, it might be in the old Southwest which isn't bad at all.

I am hoping someone can help me. I may be moving to Reno for work and found a nice place in Portola. I saw that it is an hour drive from Reno and was wondering if there are others who work in Reno but live in CA? I am having a hard time finding a place I can afford ($1000) with an 11 yo german shepherd and chickens.

The entire reason for moving to Reno was so I could keep my gals but now that Im down to the last month, if I cant have them, may have to consider other states.

If anyone wants to offer suggestions feel free.

Thanks in advance
Barb
HI Barb

I have a cousin that lived near Portola and worked in Reno for a while. The drive wasn't bad traffic wise because it's not a heavy used highway out that way but it sometimes a hassle in the snow. Especially on hway 395 coming up over the hill near Cold Springs. Believe it or not chains are sometimes required in that area. If you have a four wheel drive I'm sure you'd be fine, but it's something to think about
wink.png

Have you checked into Lemmon Valley or even Red Rock in the North Valley's for chicken friendly areas? We're in sparks and not supposed to have chickens but we do, only 5 girls (two roo's that we'll be rehoming when they start to act like roosters) Our neighbors two doors down are renters and have chickens too and their landlord doesn't seem to mind. I wish you the best of luck finding something closer to Reno as I personally wouldn't want to make the daily drive to Portola. I'll let you know if I hear of anything available soon
smile.png

I hoping someone can help me. I'm building up my flock again and I have room for 7 more hens. Lacey is sitting on eggs, she had 13 under her but 1 broke yesterday and I couldn't get all of the goop off of the eggs. I cleaned what I could but this hatch most likely isn't going to be a really good one. I also noticed 2 of the 4 eggs that were Monique's are not fertile, I guess at her age they would be a less chance of them being fertile and I sorta new this when I started.

So now I'm looking for more FBCM's but I'm also looking for Cuckoo Marans too, hens please, because they will be sex linked upon hatching and I really like that. I really need the darkest egg gene I can get from them. I was thinking of messaging Wynette on here to see what she has available but I do not like to hatch shipped eggs. I'm also looking for AM's with only the O/O gene so I can continue my olive egg project. Amanda's eggs got a lot of goop on them so I do not think they will hatch. The only thing that might save them is the goop is only on the small ends going halfway up the eggs so the hatching areas are clean.

If anyone can help me please let me know. I'll be going to California in a few weeks so I can meet someone around the Bay Area or Kim, if you have anything that can help me I sure would appreciate.

I spoke with Sunny yesterday and her flock is down right now, she lost a lot recently and she isn't hatching this year because of life is super, super busy right now.

Back
Top Bottom