Nevadans?

I hoping someone can help me. I'm building up my flock again and I have room for 7 more hens. Lacey is sitting on eggs, she had 13 under her but 1 broke yesterday and I couldn't get all of the goop off of the eggs. I cleaned what I could but this hatch most likely isn't going to be a really good one. I also noticed 2 of the 4 eggs that were Monique's are not fertile, I guess at her age they would be a less chance of them being fertile and I sorta new this when I started.

So now I'm looking for more FBCM's but I'm also looking for Cuckoo Marans too, hens please, because they will be sex linked upon hatching and I really like that. I really need the darkest egg gene I can get from them. I was thinking of messaging Wynette on here to see what she has available but I do not like to hatch shipped eggs. I'm also looking for AM's with only the O/O gene so I can continue my olive egg project. Amanda's eggs got a lot of goop on them so I do not think they will hatch. The only thing that might save them is the goop is only on the small ends going halfway up the eggs so the hatching areas are clean.

If anyone can help me please let me know. I'll be going to California in a few weeks so I can meet someone around the Bay Area or Kim, if you have anything that can help me I sure would appreciate.

I spoke with Sunny yesterday and her flock is down right now, she lost a lot recently and she isn't hatching this year because of life is super, super busy right now.
If your coming to California I might have something for you Sheryl. I think I will be selling some of the W/BW Ameraucana pullets I hatched last year.

Sheryl I don't have any hens of pullets for sale.I My birds hadn't all started laying and all of my pullets and hens are what I kept back to breed.

Don't even know if I'm going to get eggs from my Marans. I have golden cuckoos when I do get eggs. I've tried everything. I have all the Marans FBCM, blue, cuckoo and blue coppers in one huge pen last year. Someone was an egg eater and now, I have egg eaters in each pen. I'm so stressed out about those eggs. Last year I had to sit in the big pen and watch them lay to beat the whole flock to the eggs. This year all I've seen is one shell and that was in the FBCM pen. I need to find a really good set of directions for a roll out nesting box. The one I did on my own, I don't like and neither do the birds it seems.
'
I do have a Lav AM pullet that I might be willing to sell, but .....hmmmm If they don't let her into the coop, I'll let you know. I've tried twice and I need to do it again.

Sheryl I don't have any hens of pullets for sale.I My birds hadn't all started laying and all of my pullets and hens are what I kept back to breed.

Don't even know if I'm going to get eggs from my Marans. I have golden cuckoos when I do get eggs. I've tried everything. I have all the Marans FBCM, blue, cuckoo and blue coppers in one huge pen last year. Someone was an egg eater and now, I have egg eaters in each pen. I'm so stressed out about those eggs. Last year I had to sit in the big pen and watch them lay to beat the whole flock to the eggs. This year all I've seen is one shell and that was in the FBCM pen. I need to find a really good set of directions for a roll out nesting box. The one I did on my own, I don't like and neither do the birds it seems.
'
I do have a Lav AM pullet that I might be willing to sell, but .....hmmmm If they don't let her into the coop, I'll let you know. I've tried twice and I need to do it again.

Here is a really good roll out nest design by Opa. Lots of folk have used it and loved it. Hope that helps.

'
I do have a Lav AM pullet that I might be willing to sell, but .....hmmmm  If they don't let her into the coop, I'll let you know. I've tried twice and I need to do it again. 
Ooooo lav an pullet

I do have a Lav AM pullet that I might be willing to sell, but .....hmmmm  If they don't let her into the coop, I'll let you know. I've tried twice and I need to do it again. 

I would LOVE little lavender! I have one lav am and I almost bought lavender hatching eggs. Let me know by pm if you decided not to keep her. :)

Hello, I'm new to BYC and I'm in Northern Nevada, Lemmon Valley. We just freshened up existing coop on our property and added a run. We are brand new to chickens, and worried about predators. What are the common predators for this area?

Back
Top Bottom