Nevadans?

Yep, my poor husband. We changed our roost three times :) We now have a 2 x 4, long side flat up so they can cover their toes. We have ventilation up high and can close their door. We also have tarps that we can hang on the outside of the run (a 10 x 10 dog run) to keep snow from getting in and it help keeps wind down. The run has our garage on one side (6 inches away) and part of our house is on another side (several feet away) so they have a good wind break anyway. It can get in the single digits here on the coldest days in the early morning hours.

Check out the northern Nevada poultry fanciers website to sneak in some email entries before the entry deadline for our poultry show on October 18!

Hello everyone. I have a question. How do I get started selling our chicks and/or hatching eggs in Nevada? Do any of you have any links that would help us find out about licensing, procedures, etc? We live in Nye Country, FYI. We are breeding French Black Copper Marans and Olive Eggers for starts. Any information or experience you've had would be greatly. - Mary .appreciated. Thanks in advance..

I covered my outside run with clear plastic, to let the sun in and keep the wind and weather off. I did not enclose the whole thing with plastic because of ventilation. My idiot ladies like to roost outside. I hope by blocking the winds and giving them a little bit of a green house effect that they will stay warm. I have no heat in the coops

Hello everyone. I have a question. How do I get started selling our chicks and/or hatching eggs in Nevada? Do any of you have any links that would help us find out about licensing, procedures, etc? We live in Nye Country, FYI. We are breeding French Black Copper Marans and Olive Eggers for starts. Any information or experience you've had would be greatly. - Mary .appreciated. Thanks in advance. .
hi I'm new to BYC I live in nye county too. Does birds are gorgeous. I would love to buy some hatching eggs or chicks!

Back
Top Bottom