New babies!!

tweddle

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 1, 2014
I am so excited to announce my first hatching! My peahen laid six eggs of which four have hatched. There are two eggs still unhatched, the hen has been moving them around a bit. They were due on the 24th dec and I'm unsure as to whether or not I should be trying to help them out. Does anyone have any advice please??
[/IMG]

I am so excited to announce my first hatching! My peahen laid six eggs of which four have hatched. There are two eggs still unhatched, the hen has been moving them around a bit. They were due on the 24th dec and I'm unsure as to whether or not I should be trying to help them out. Does anyone have any advice please??
[/URL]
Congrats! I would candle them and see what they look like.

-Kathy

Thanks I'll try that tonight, she's pretty defensive and I do t feel like getting pecked by an angry mumma!

Congrats, yes he in Australia, i remember you said you got india blue peacock? Is that right? But you are having many nice pied chicks.

Yes I'm from australia, and also yes I got an Indian blue male to put with my pied girls. The babies are so cute!! My second hen is due on 16/1. She is only on 3 eggs, her second clutch as the possums broke her first clutch, so hopefully she will hatch them all.

Don't know much about chicks hatching under peahen, but its important to give them high protein feed for their first two weeks, i think this is your first time hatching peachicks, right?

Back
Top Bottom