New BYC 6 Year Club - Six Year Active Member Award

Status
Not open for further replies.
clap.gif
Great new award! CONGRATS, GUYS!

I can't wait to get one of these because I GARANTEE you I will get one!
lol.png
(No joke!)

Not "till you spell GUARANTEE correctly

Really, Bill? You put quotation marks in front of till. I'll help you out with the explanation below as the word "till" does not require any such punctuation marks around it. What you may have meant was 'til. If you're correcting someone, probably shouldn't make a mistake yourself. Surely, that was just a typo, right? Maybe it was on the other member's post as well.
hmm.png
Play nice, please.

Quote from: http://www.englishforums.com/English/DifferenceBetweenTillUntil/dmwqw/post.htm ’til, has been created within the past century by people who believe that till is an abbreviation of until and want to mark it as such. It has often been said by style guides and dictionaries that it’s a mistake and it arouses passion in some people. Most recent writers on language prefer to describe it as an informal version of until — it often turns up in newspapers, advertising and song lyrics, for example, and in informal set phrases like “shop ’til you drop”, “It ain’t over ’til it’s over” or “ ’Til we meet again”. But to use the spelling til without the preceding apostrophe is still regarded as wrong.
Hopefully, the discussion of the 6 year banner may continue peacefully. My, my.

Congrats to all new inductees. Thanks Rob for such a wonderful site and all your hard work to keep it going so well. Thanks to the Mods for keeping everyone straight! Its an honor for me to be part of the 6 year club. Whoo hoo!!

I was raised on a farm and have raised chickens all my life but Ill admit I was introduced into wonderful new breeds and incubation techniques that I would never have been exposed to or learned about if it had not been for this site..Its great!

I was raised on a farm and have raised chickens all my life but Ill admit I was introduced into wonderful new breeds and incubation techniques that I would never have been exposed to or learned about if it had not been for this site..Its great!

Thank you so much for this post! BYC has been accused of being for folks who only want "cocker spaniel" chickens or who diaper their chickens. This is SO not true! BYC has something for everyone, no matter what your management style may be. You glean what is most useful to you and leave the rest.

Thank you so much for this post! BYC has been accused of being for folks who only want "cocker spaniel" chickens or who diaper their chickens. This is SO not true! BYC has something for everyone, no matter what your management style may be. You glean what is most useful to you and leave the rest.

Your welcome but its completely true..Poultry is a whole new place for me because of this site..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom