Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
We're super excited to announce a brand new award:

BYC 6 Year Club

84b41cf0_BYC_6_yr_badge.gif

woot.gif

It's really hard for us to believe that it's been 6 years since we (re)started this amazing community with only a handful of peeps! What's even more amazing is the number of peeps who have stuck with us over the years. Online communities are well known for "member turnover" which basically means that over time people's lives, priorities, hobbies, etc. change... it's the nature of any community, online or off.

We're really happy to be able to bestow this great new award to our members who have been with us for 6 years and who are still active in our community.

Notes: These awards are based on years with BYC and recent activity. They are also done manually and we may make some mistakes and/or miss some peeps. If that happens with this or any other award, just let us know)

We'll be updating this thread with the new awardees. Please click on their usernames and send them a quick private message to thank them for being some of the earliest supporters of our community and helping to make BYC what it is today!!

nifty-chicken
eggchel
jimnjay
dipsy doodle doo
terrielacy
allen wranch
featherfooted
birdlover
jenlynn4
ewesheep
mothergoose
ilroost
soonerdog
k8tiecat
jjthink
merryreader
chickbea
ella
bigzio
silkiechicken
kstaven
chicknmania
ivan3
toast n jelly
adkins90
hope0491
speckledhen
robin416
mr. ree
prariechiken
mom'sfolly
blisschick
kentuckysilkies
blondie
matt a nc
justusnak
chasehope
gamebirdsonly
chickerdoodle13
krisrose
chickflick
southern chickens
littlelemon
jillylam
lunachick
babychickfarmer
san
peepsnbunnies
suebee
jab91864
ozark hen
chickenlisa
newhopepoultry
corancher
bantymama
coyotemagic
dbcooper02
maralpz2006
sugar sand farm
seachick
gersbud
enchanted sunrise farms
sianara
flyingmonkeypoop
poison ivy
henny peeny
hoppy
woodlandwoman
hobbychick
desertdawg
rufus
frankensusan
verthandi
92caddy
okiechick57
cybercat
chirpy
mac in wisco
wren
pawtraitart
sgtmom52
jennh
megshenhut
plumtuckered
katy
wegotchickens
citygirlinthecountry
riolindoaz
ruth
ibpboo
hypnofrogstevie
cocosandy
sissy
therealsilkiechick
sunnychooks
6chix
nccountrygirl
siz8003
4-h chicken mom
barnyard
adorable
ellie
a.t. hagan
arlee453
buzzard chick
smitty's farm
lonecowboy
godsgrl
scrambled egg
lothiriel
cara
nugget
seminolewind
kanchii
pwand
silky ma
cgmccary
redchicken
farmer kitty
texaschickmama
cuban longtails
tx_dane_mom
mkeawsh
wynette

Last edited:
Really, Bill? You put quotation marks in front of till. I'll help you out with the explanation below as the word "till" does not require any such punctuation marks around it. What you may have meant was 'til. If you're correcting someone, probably shouldn't make a mistake yourself. Surely, that was just a typo, right? Maybe it was on the other member's post as well.
hmm.png
Play nice, please.

Quote from: http://www.englishforums.com/English/DifferenceBetweenTillUntil/dmwqw/post.htm ’til, has been created within the past century by people who believe that till is an abbreviation of until and want to mark it as such. It has often been said by style guides and dictionaries that it’s a mistake and it arouses passion in some people. Most recent writers on language prefer to describe it as an informal version of until — it often turns up in newspapers, advertising and song lyrics, for example, and in informal set phrases like “shop ’til you drop”, “It ain’t over ’til it’s over” or “ ’Til we meet again”. But to use the spelling til without the preceding apostrophe is still regarded as wrong.
Hopefully, the discussion of the 6 year banner may continue peacefully. My, my.

Hard to imagine that it's been six years.

Now I just need to get chickens again.

I'll only be able to fit 3 or 4 in my new backyard... compared to the gzillion that I had before...

But... next week the old house sells. I HOPE...and I'll be able to focus on building a tiny coop underneath my massive grapefruit tree.... and I'm looking forward to a backyard with LESS insects as we live right next to the desert preserve now.

CHEERS!!!

Mahonri

I was raised on a farm and have raised chickens all my life but Ill admit I was introduced into wonderful new breeds and incubation techniques that I would never have been exposed to or learned about if it had not been for this site..Its great!

I was raised on a farm and have raised chickens all my life but Ill admit I was introduced into wonderful new breeds and incubation techniques that I would never have been exposed to or learned about if it had not been for this site..Its great!

Thank you so much for this post! BYC has been accused of being for folks who only want "cocker spaniel" chickens or who diaper their chickens. This is SO not true! BYC has something for everyone, no matter what your management style may be. You glean what is most useful to you and leave the rest.

Woah. I feel old...but you 7 year folks are a lot older!!!
lau.gif

Glad to have the new badge, and definitely figure on being around a lot longer. Maybe I visit less frequently right now, but I'm just a road warrior and don't sit still very long atm!!!

Thanks, Rob!

What a great idea. Will also give us a bit of a better way to work out who has been doing this for a while when taking advice about things. Especially when viewing on mobile devices it's not always easy to see at first glance how much experience the person has but the badges are (assuming it's like the administrator and golden feather badges?) a quick way to see it ain't their first rodeo
1f60b.png

Last edited:
I was on the BYC before this current BYC. Been on here along time. I can't believe how many members there are now. I may not post anywhere as much as others, but I am around. I prefer to read.

I would like to Thank everyone that has kept this board running all these years.

Matt

Congratulations to everyone.

NiftyChicken Thanks for maintaining this site. It has been very helpful.I don't remember what we did before computers.

Byron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom