New Chicken Coop.

Your coop is shaping up nicely! Great to have so many helping hands
smile.png

Some more photos from the build.

The kids like helping with the build.

Side wall and back wall is up.

We are planning on putting two windows . We found a new window at a the habitat for humanity store. The window was only $35 ...we looked around and we cannot find the same window the size has been discontinued. The closest window to that size is $208 at Menards.
We may have to make the frame smaller and put a different size window in.

We are dividing the building in half. The walls where the chickens will be will get insulated. And chicken boxes will sit on the back wall with access from the outside. Also there will be electricity in the shed!

thumbsup.gif
Very nice! Better than my tiny coop, anyway. :) Wish I had the space for something that big... how many chickens are you putting in it? What will the size of their 'half' be?

The building size is 8 feet by 16 feet, the side for the chickens will be 8 by 8 feet.
We will have about 25 chickens . the chickens will be able to go outside.

Is the window on the human side? Just wondering about the ventilation on the chickens side. Insulated is good but make sure it's not too tight! It's looking fantastic!

I do not know what you mean by human side? We will be putting in to big windows on the same side as the chickens. The other side will be for storage.

Back
Top Bottom