New Chicken Coop.

Your coop is looking great, can't wait to see it finished!

I do not know what you mean by human side? We will be putting in to big windows on the same side as the chickens. The other side will be for storage. 
I meant your storage side...the part the chickens won't be in. I was just wondering about the ventilation on the chickens side. Most people keep 16 chickens in an 8x8 coop but maybe you are just having them in there for sleeping?

Your coop is looking great so far! Are you giving yourself access to the nest boxes from the outside to collect the eggs or will you be going inside for that?

Your coop is looking great so far! Are you giving yourself access to the nest boxes from the outside to collect the eggs or will you be going inside for that?
We will be building the boxes outside. I think we will be building 4 nest boxes.

Working on the electrical.
Their will be four nest boxes and we will have access to them
from the outside.

Great looking coop. From looking at the construction, the coop looks like it's going to be very sturdy. Good Luck!
thumbsup.gif

More photos from the build.

We should had started the build sooner we had the first snow storm on
Friday night.

We insulated the walls.

Inside walls going up after the insulation was installed.

We installed the door. I forgot to take a photo of the door.
We need to put the insulation in the roof .
We had moved 24 chickens into the coop. They were kind of cold out in the snow.
We will build the nesting boxes next. The hens should start laying eggs in the next 30 days.

Nice building!
Hope you're leaving plenty of ventilation somewhere......unless the whole building will be HVAC controlled.

Back
Top Bottom