New chickens at last min. notice

simplesurvival

In the Brooder
Jun 3, 2016
This is what I have to start with, they were given to me at last min. any help would be nice
[/IMG][/IMG]

I plan on putting plywood on the bottom and plywood doors on top over the top wire so as to open in summer and close in winter. Insulation and chipboard on the inside and a dubble half door. I have the tarp for now I was one pice of ten short for the roof, getting it next week with plywood......it's a start

3 RIR's.... One hen and two rosters, think I can get 3 more hens and see how that works out
Please consider more hens, simplesurvival!
The rule of thumb is 10-12 hens per ONE rooster.
If you only are planning on keeping 4 hens with two roosters, the outcome will not be good for the roos or the hens. Your girls will be worn OUT and injured and your boys will fight, sometimes to the death!
I strongly urge you to get more hens.

If I half to I can get rid of one of the Roos probably. This was tossed at us last min, a young kid just decided he wanted chickens and went and got 3 or 4 and tossed them in the basement of a houst a bonch of kids ar renting then decided he didn't want them. My son took them over from chicks and has raised them. They are 4 months old now and he can't keep them any longer. He tossed the coop together and brought it to our house and I've tryed to improve it some. Have no clue here, that's why I'm here to learn

Back
Top Bottom