New Ducks, help ID

All right so here is an update. They are growing like weeds (of course) Duck house is almost built (hoop coop) Hoping that now since they are older, we can get some guess's in on what breed they are.

this is the biggest and fluffiest

This is the one everyone thought was a fawn and white indian runner. He is significantly larger and taller than the others (could be older)

This is the smallest. I am not sure what we thought he was. his skin is not dirty, anyone have any ideas why its black? Is that normal or is something wrong with him.

This is the medium sized bird. I think people thought he might be a buff. I am also hoping he is a runner (love runners)

Anyways thanks for the help. I can get as many picture and of whatever angle you guys need. Also why does the bill on the first duck look straight and perfect, but the other two have a small hook on the bottom bill.

Our first ducklings included 2 Buffs and 2 Welsh Harlequins and they didn't stand nearly as upright as your babies - who are absolutely adorable btw!!!! I'm guessing you have Runners.

The color of your darker one is very similar to what my Welshie looked like as babies. Not that I'm saying that you have a Welsh Harlequin, just that some breeds look like like that as babies so it's not something you should worry about. :)

How exciting it will be to see what they grow into! Please keep posting pics as they grow up! :fl

Oh, @Julie Bird, have you seen these little darlings?

Last edited:
I'll keep the thread updated. I'm hoping progress pictures will help with the identification! I really am hoping they are runners lol.

I've heard runners are very docile and sweet

They look like runners to me too. Not sure what colors they will turn out. The first one still looks fawn and white tho.
I look forward to updates. They certainly stand like runners.
And i have 10 runners all 6 weeks old today and they are sooo sweet and friendly!! I love them
1f495.png

All right so here is an update. They are growing like weeds (of course) Duck house is almost built (hoop coop) Hoping that now since they are older, we can get some guess's in on what breed they are. this is the biggest and fluffiest This is the one everyone thought was a fawn and white indian runner. He is significantly larger and taller than the others (could be older) This is the smallest. I am not sure what we thought he was. his skin is not dirty, anyone have any ideas why its black? Is that normal or is something wrong with him. This is the medium sized bird. I think people thought he might be a buff. I am also hoping he is a runner (love runners) Anyways thanks for the help. I can get as many picture and of whatever angle you guys need. Also why does the bill on the first duck look straight and perfect, but the other two have a small hook on the bottom bill.
EEEEEEEEE AAAAAAAWWWEEEE medium ducky bird. Look at baby of uprightness talking to the wall. Little things have bare feets which are so cute. If you look at gangly child burds then at their big webs, and then burd as a whole, you'll melt.

Our first ducklings included 2 Buffs and 2 Welsh Harlequins and they didn't stand nearly as upright as your babies - who are absolutely adorable btw!!!! I'm guessing you have Runners.

The color of your darker one is very similar to what my Welshie looked like as babies. Not that I'm saying that you have a Welsh Harlequin, just that some breeds look like like that as babies so it's not something you should worry about. :)

How exciting it will be to see what they grow into! Please keep posting pics as they grow up! :fl

Oh, @Julie Bird, have you seen these little darlings?
No. I hadn't. Thank you for the tag, sweetheart. I am in love with these little runner 'lings.

Back
Top Bottom