New Hampshire!!

Quote:
{{{chuckle}}} My hen house is not far from the back of the house (maybe 10 yards?)
D.gif
so my chair for viewing is next to the house...and has been joined by a few others
wink.png
In all honesty the fire pit is out there too, but we ALWAYS watch the antics of the chickens!
pop.gif
they never fail to put on a show
clap.gif

I like your idea of introducing new additions slowly, it makes sense to me.
smile.png
I did quite a bit of reading last night,
caf.gif
searching the net for hours on info about Silkies....(it's hard to find!)...but several of the articles I found said that they pretty much stop laying in the winter, so there is really no point in getting a roo now....I think I'd be wise to stick with my original plan and just wait to see if any of the chicks are roosters, they're bound to be, (none are related to the hens) so I guess I just need to be patient!

You're more than welcome to ride down to Tilton with me if you like, but I'm not sure it's practical...I go thru Littleton, so you'd either have to come here or meet me in Littleton, and that's actually kind of out of the way for you isn't it? Would it be easier for you to meet me in Ashland? (I always stop there to get gas) I know that going down it would be about the same, but if you're in Wentworth, the ride home would be much easier going back through Plymouth I think...?? Either way is fine with me, just let me know what'll work best for you
smile.png

I think there are quite a few BYCF members who go to the ones on the lower part of the state too, so it'll be fun to meet everyone!
smile.png
(BTW there is an OCTOBER NH SWAP thread with all of the dates/places/times listed
wink.png
. The Tilton one on the 16th is at Tractor Supply Company (my new favorite store!! LOL) as is the one in Littleton.)

Quote:
{{{chuckle}}} My hen house is not far from the back of the house (maybe 10 yards?)
D.gif
so my chair for viewing is next to the house...and has been joined by a few others
wink.png
In all honesty the fire pit is out there too, but we ALWAYS watch the antics of the chickens!
pop.gif
they never fail to put on a show
clap.gif

I like your idea of introducing new additions slowly, it makes sense to me.
smile.png
I did quite a bit of reading last night,
caf.gif
searching the net for hours on info about Silkies....(it's hard to find!)...but several of the articles I found said that they pretty much stop laying in the winter, so there is really no point in getting a roo now....I think I'd be wise to stick with my original plan and just wait to see if any of the chicks are roosters, they're bound to be, (none are related to the hens) so I guess I just need to be patient!

You're more than welcome to ride down to Tilton with me if you like, but I'm not sure it's practical...I go thru Littleton, so you'd either have to come here or meet me in Littleton, and that's actually kind of out of the way for you isn't it? Would it be easier for you to meet me in Ashland? (I always stop there to get gas) I know that going down it would be about the same, but if you're in Wentworth, the ride home would be much easier going back through Plymouth I think...?? Either way is fine with me, just let me know what'll work best for you
smile.png

I think there are quite a few BYCF members who go to the ones on the lower part of the state too, so it'll be fun to meet everyone!
smile.png
(BTW there is an OCTOBER NH SWAP thread with all of the dates/places/times listed
wink.png
. The Tilton one on the 16th is at Tractor Supply Company (my new favorite store!! LOL) as is the one in Littleton.)

Either way would work. Send me directions to the one in Tilton .I don't get out of " Dodge " much anymore. Or I can meet up & follow.. I will B in Queeche for a couple of days watching the girls. If UR getting silkie chicks, I'd wait & C if any R Roo's. Mine don't lay alot in the winter, But I had a light on the 1st yr. I worried about the cold.Last yr I didn't use the light, only on very cold nites. I might bring my silkie cross's to swap & my Seabright Roo. Need another cat carrier
smile.png

Quote:
roll.png
I should have goggled it, lol , haven't got my brain awake yet..

Wah does UR BO look like ? & what is a BR hen ??

Quote:
Thank you for posting the info. I am hoping to hitch a ride there if I can get out town for the day.

Your welcome, I see your looking for silkies? There is always a few here at the stock.
wink.png

a lot of New Hampshire peeps come to this chickenstock, we get a really awsome turn out each time.

Quote:
Thank you for posting the info. I am hoping to hitch a ride there if I can get out town for the day.

Your welcome, I see your looking for silkies? There is always a few here at the stock.
wink.png

a lot of New Hampshire peeps come to this chickenstock, we get a really awsome turn out each time.

I have 3 Partridge silkie hens, 2 roosters ( father & son ) 24 silkie cross's. I am looking for Russin Orloff's, Salamon Faverolles, differant Polish crested. mayB copper Marans.
If I can make it, I may bring my 2 Silkie X EE banty's almost 2 months old & my yr old Seabright Rooster banty. I don't want more Roo's in the yard than I have. I have a hard time parting with them. I gave a friend a EE, I was sad for days. lol

Quote:
wink.png

I have 3 Partridge silkie hens, 2 roosters ( father & son ) 24 silkie cross's. I am looking for Russin Orloff's, Salamon Faverolles, differant Polish crested. mayB copper Marans.
If I can make it, I may bring my 2 Silkie X EE banty's almost 2 months old & my yr old Seabright Rooster banty. I don't want more Roo's in the yard than I have. I have a hard time parting with them. I gave a friend a EE, I was sad for days. lol

There is a lady here on byc comeing from Maine she usally has the salmon favs ( her byc name is poultry run farm), and i will have polish lf.

Quote:

There is a lady here on byc comeing from Maine she usally has the salmon favs ( her byc name is poultry run farm), and i will have polish lf.

Will they B chick or full grown, do U know ?
what is the addy for the Townsend show ? I'll map quest/ yahoo directions. Thank U

Back
Top Bottom