New Hampshire!

Pics
That would take a lot of eggs to crack for hubbies breakfast! lol
Yah, What do you do with them?
My button quail just hatched! yaay. anyone want a couple babies or fertile eggs? I got some of each :)
on a side note, what does everyone consider a good price for button quail or hatching eggs?

chicks

parents

Haha ya well button quail are... well I tell people they are the most useless bird there is around, but they are super cute so I keep them lol. In reality though you can hard boil their eggs for bite sized snacks, or I have heard of pickling them as well but haven't tried it yet. I am currently building my stock so maybe next year we will try super mini pickled eggs.

If it's as much fun to make great looking hard boiled eggs w/ yours as it is w/ my big girl eggs they'd be mushed before there done ;-)
Pickled eggs are very good and extremely easy for you to make.
Just fill a glass jar w/ as many eggs that will fit leaving a 1 inch head space
Add a few cloves of garlic, red pepper flakes, celery seed, bay leaf, 10 +/- peppercorns
all depending on taste and jar size. I have a Quart jar that I love and a family that likes it
spicy so add what you think you would like. Fill w/ white vinegar and wait a week or more.
Enjoy I hope!

really, there is no heating of the vinegar ? i assumed it was like making pickles where you heat up the vinegar? do you have to sterilize the jars like when you pickle or can? if not then I am making some asap! sounds delicious!

I don't, there gone in a weeks! But if you want to be safe I guess you could. Everyone I've ever talked to just do it.
Are your eggs easy to peel? Mine are so hard. The shells are hard to begin w/ and when their cooked they just don't want to let go ;-)

Back
Top Bottom