New Mexico

We're in San Lorenzo area...not too far away from SC! But I'm a beginner....and not able to contribute - just gathering info! Hubby would like quail at some point....

70 some eggs going into lockdown today. Cochins and Ameraucana LF. Need to set up a second brooder.

ohhh...I'd love to have a donkey too!! I'll look for that guard dog info here...thnx

Down here in Deming there is a Lady who has a donkey sanctuary, called "Lucy's Pasture".. She has a large number of donkeys.. She may adopt one out to you.. I don't know that for sure, but you might check with her if or when you decide you want one...

We're in San Lorenzo area...not too far away from SC! But I'm a beginner....and not able to contribute - just gathering info! Hubby would like quail at some point....

Welcome to BYC,and the New Mexico thread...
Even beginners can contribute.. There are many, very knowledgable, chicken people here, but they follow the posts of newbies, same as veterans.. They will learn a new thing now and then also.. Nobody knows it all, that"s why it is so important to communicate with each other..
I'm one of the worst, because I read a lot, but don"t post as much as I should... Will

Last edited:
I just found out the next Poultry Swap going on in Edgewood, NM (about half an hour east of Albuquerque) is at the end of the month! March 31st, it seems the swaps are always on the last Saturday of the Month.

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/grd/2880653273.html

I know I'll be going!

The swap in Bloomfield, NM is the third Sunday of the month 3/18. Noon to 3pm. I plan to bring chicks and adult Black LF Cochins.

Back
Top Bottom