New to this guinea forum

I have tried to type a response to you but every time I get close to finishing it I lose it ...the first time it sent back your quote as my reply! Maybe I'll try again later on my desktop instead of my iPad...maybe will be different.

What a blessing it must have been in that doctors office to have the first glimmer of hope. Not to mention all the wonderful "clicks" along the way! What a journey you have been on! I applaud you for the endless efforts you had to make to get your boy where he is today. So much love a mother has for her child. God bless you and thank you for sharing your story. It really touched me, no way I can even begin to know the struggles but my heart goes out to you. Who would have thought these amazing birds could be a pawn in this miracle, so awesome!!
love.gif

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. I really don't feel like I deserve.. I only did/do what any mom would do for their baby.
It has been a journey... One I am excited to say is not near over. I have such high hopes for my son.
I really hope that others will consider therapy flocks for their families. Or at least get in their heads that guineas are not so un-trainable.
They are amazing birds if you give them the chance.

I believe most people with challenges such as yours give up and let it be a caregiver's problem or job. Yes, you are to be applauded as I have worked in the healthcare buiness and more often than not parents are self obsorbed and give up. You made this a priority and may God bless you as I am sure He has for doing so. Not only are you helping your child but teaching others a way to help theirs.. Yea guineas!!

Thank you again...
But I am only doing what any Mom would do... In my eyes at least.
I do hope that others will find how beneficial guineas are to people with special needs.
If a flock of guineas can help one person... It is worth it.

Back
Top Bottom