NEW United Peafowl Association Magazine Editor!

What would you like to see most in the UPA magazine?

• More Articles

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • More Photos

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • More Color

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A more interesting layout.

• A Meet the member section where each issue a new member is featured.

• Better ad quality.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More pages.

• More information for new peafowl owners.

• More information for experianced peafowl owners.

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
Yea!!
wee.gif
I am not sure how much luck I need, more pens are what I really need.
he.gif

We all need more pens.

Last edited:
Check here for Military discount info for the condo: http://promilitarybusinessnetwork.com/ad2.asp?bid=1684
It says they offer 15% off for Military. Thank you for your service!
smile.png

You don't have to get mealworms my birds will eat anything haha. Lettuce, cabbage, cut up carrots, bread, cat food, peanuts, etc are all some of their favorite foods.
I'll bring a loaf of bread for them if I can make it.

Last edited:
Just food for thought.... If you figure the total cost of the peafowl today, all cost not just parts of it you will find that it will be cheaper to join the UPA and get the P T free ... connerhills

Just an update - The first issue has not been and probably won't be released this month (January 2016) because of some new things I was told to include and with that comes waiting for others to write the information for me to put the new page such as 2016 convention information, BOD minutes, etc.

@Birdrain92 - I haven't forgotten about you and when the magazine does come out I will get you a copy. It just hasn't come out yet haha.

One of the newish things I added are 2 pages which will be in the center of the magazine and each page has 3 photos = 6 photos in total in this center section. I was told to look for really breathtaking photos for this center, because it is to be really special. So I am using one of Blue Creek's photos and I got on Flickr (a photography website) and found some nice peafowl photos and asked the photographers for permission to use their photos. I got some quick responses so I was able to get some good wild peafowl photos that way. If you want to contribute any photos for the magazine feel free to do so. I am big on giving credit to the photographer (by each photo I say who the photo was taken by) so it isn't like I am taking credit for your work. The photo would be in full color!

The UPA President did some work and was able to get it so that we can start printing the magazine in all color. This first issue won't be all color (by the time I learned of the all color thing I already had pretty much the whole magazine finished in black and white) but there will still be nice color pages here and there. The second issue I do will definitely be all color unless we get budget issues.

I should probably wait to tell you all where the 2016 convention will be, especially since I don't know all the exact details yet. I might get to be one of the speakers. I guess I am getting to do all kinds of stuff! This is why you should join and be active in the UPA it is fun to get to do a variety of things for the association.
smile.png

As for the website - I was asked to take over as webmaster but after much thought I decided I don't have enough time for it. I worry that there would just be too many tech issues that I wouldn't be able to figure out since I am still not that experienced on web design. If anyone is a web designer the UPA is now looking for a web master. I can help you make new graphics for the website but I can't take over the whole thing. As for the UPA forum, I think it was hacked and I don't know if we will ever be able to get it back. The UPA does have a facebook page and it is updated often with peafowl photos and info.

Sorry about the long post, I know most are not and may not ever want to be a UPA member, but I just like keeping people updated if they are curious as to what is going on.

Thank you for the update. Please continue to share your thoughts on the group. It may not be for everyone, but you certainly seem to enjoy being involved with it.

Yes Loretta Smith.
smile.png
She is really nice and extremely hard working for the UPA. I am guessing you know/sort of know her? I met her at the 2015 UPA convention and then since I got on the board I talk to her on the phone and through emails just about every week.

Back
Top Bottom