NEW United Peafowl Association Magazine Editor!

What would you like to see most in the UPA magazine?

• More Articles

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • More Photos

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • More Color

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A more interesting layout.

• A Meet the member section where each issue a new member is featured.

• Better ad quality.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More pages.

• More information for new peafowl owners.

• More information for experianced peafowl owners.

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
No word on PayPal yet, but I do know how much the tickets will be now.

1 ticket = $5.00
6 tickets = $25.00
13 tickets = $50.00

Here is a photo of the father:

* This bronze peacock belongs to Loretta Smith, who is the one donating the young bronze peafowl pair.

No word on PayPal yet, but I do know how much the tickets will be now.

1 ticket = $5.00
6 tickets = $25.00
13 tickets = $50.00

Here is a photo of the father:

* This bronze peacock belongs to Loretta Smith, who is the one donating the young bronze peafowl pair.

Wish I had the space and money to buy some raffle tickets in hope of getting a pair.

He's beautiful.

The UPA should consider having a lower-cost student membership level for younger peafowl owners like @Birdrain92 just starting out and not working full time yet. Not sure how the upa could verify student status, but other organizations do it. I just think any organization would benefit from having young, intelligent, enthusiastic members like him.

Thank you!

He's beautiful.

The UPA should consider having a lower-cost student membership level for younger peafowl owners like @Birdrain92 just starting out and not working full time yet. Not sure how the upa could verify student status, but other organizations do it. I just think any organization would benefit from having young, intelligent, enthusiastic members like him.

100% agree

hide.gif
In support of the new Editor, I have finally joined the UPA, after 21 or so years of lurking. Looking forward to seeing the Magazine. Good luck with the raffle KKB, we already have 4 Bronze Brats, so I'm gonna pass on tickets.

He's beautiful.

Good idea! Maybe also include discount for 4H and FFA?

-Kathy

He's beautiful.

Good point for sure. I think for the scholarship I got some of the verification techniques was sending in a copy of your latest report card, or show a photo of your student ID card if you are in college and have an ID card, etc. I will talk to the BOD about having a discount for younger peafowl owners since we do need younger members to help carry on the UPA.

hide.gif
In support of the new Editor, I have finally joined the UPA, after 21 or so years of lurking. Looking forward to seeing the Magazine. Good luck with the raffle KKB, we already have 4 Bronze Brats, so I'm gonna pass on tickets.
Welcome to the UPA!
smile.png
Thank you for your support DylansMom!

Good idea! Maybe also include discount for 4H and FFA?

-Kathy
That is also a good idea that I will share with the BOD.
smile.png

For you new members, and even non-members feel free to write an article for the Peafowl Today magazine. I want to make it easier for people to write articles, so I could send you just a set of questions to answer if you can't think of something to write about. On the last phone meeting I was told to continue to re-print one old story per magazine. While I do agree that the old stories are helpful and interesting, I don't want to just re-use old stories over and over if I can help it. This first issue I am making won't have an old story in it, and hopefully I can get enough new information for each issue that I won't have to re-print or at least if I do, it won't be every issue. You can also send in peafowl photos.

I am very happy to say that Birdrain has a feature article in this first magazine. He has a four page article about how he tether trains and shows his birds along with photographs. I asked him if he would be willing to write an article, and not only did he write me something but he got it to me quickly! He was a huge help in getting me a fantastic cover story!
thumbsup.gif

Evidently Brad Legg had left the UPA, but he is now a UPA member again so that is exciting news as well.
smile.png

I believe that there has only two scholarships given . The application will require prove of enrollment and subject matter and the money is given to the school direct. This program was suspended a number of years ago due to lack of funds. I am sure Birdrain could qualify and normally not many are eligibly as only UPA members or family can apply . IF he gets started maybe he can get the next four years. CONNERHILLS

Back
Top Bottom