NEW United Peafowl Association Magazine Editor!

What would you like to see most in the UPA magazine?

• More Articles

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • More Photos

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • More Color

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A more interesting layout.

• A Meet the member section where each issue a new member is featured.

• Better ad quality.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More pages.

• More information for new peafowl owners.

• More information for experianced peafowl owners.

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
hide.gif
In support of the new Editor, I have finally joined the UPA, after 21 or so years of lurking. Looking forward to seeing the Magazine. Good luck with the raffle KKB, we already have 4 Bronze Brats, so I'm gonna pass on tickets.

He's beautiful.

The UPA should consider having a lower-cost student membership level for younger peafowl owners like @Birdrain92 just starting out and not working full time yet. Not sure how the upa could verify student status, but other organizations do it. I just think any organization would benefit from having young, intelligent, enthusiastic members like him.

Good idea! Maybe also include discount for 4H and FFA?

-Kathy

He's beautiful.

The UPA should consider having a lower-cost student membership level for younger peafowl owners like @Birdrain92 just starting out and not working full time yet. Not sure how the upa could verify student status, but other organizations do it. I just think any organization would benefit from having young, intelligent, enthusiastic members like him.
Good point for sure. I think for the scholarship I got some of the verification techniques was sending in a copy of your latest report card, or show a photo of your student ID card if you are in college and have an ID card, etc. I will talk to the BOD about having a discount for younger peafowl owners since we do need younger members to help carry on the UPA.

hide.gif
In support of the new Editor, I have finally joined the UPA, after 21 or so years of lurking. Looking forward to seeing the Magazine. Good luck with the raffle KKB, we already have 4 Bronze Brats, so I'm gonna pass on tickets.
Welcome to the UPA!
smile.png
Thank you for your support DylansMom!

Good idea! Maybe also include discount for 4H and FFA?

-Kathy
That is also a good idea that I will share with the BOD.
smile.png

For you new members, and even non-members feel free to write an article for the Peafowl Today magazine. I want to make it easier for people to write articles, so I could send you just a set of questions to answer if you can't think of something to write about. On the last phone meeting I was told to continue to re-print one old story per magazine. While I do agree that the old stories are helpful and interesting, I don't want to just re-use old stories over and over if I can help it. This first issue I am making won't have an old story in it, and hopefully I can get enough new information for each issue that I won't have to re-print or at least if I do, it won't be every issue. You can also send in peafowl photos.

I am very happy to say that Birdrain has a feature article in this first magazine. He has a four page article about how he tether trains and shows his birds along with photographs. I asked him if he would be willing to write an article, and not only did he write me something but he got it to me quickly! He was a huge help in getting me a fantastic cover story!
thumbsup.gif

Evidently Brad Legg had left the UPA, but he is now a UPA member again so that is exciting news as well.
smile.png

I believe that there has only two scholarships given . The application will require prove of enrollment and subject matter and the money is given to the school direct. This program was suspended a number of years ago due to lack of funds. I am sure Birdrain could qualify and normally not many are eligibly as only UPA members or family can apply . IF he gets started maybe he can get the next four years. CONNERHILLS

Is Yoda still on the BOD?

-Kathy
What is Yoda's real name?
We have lost & gained some BOD members and I think Danny & Loretta are the only two from the past BOD group.

Here are our current BOD members:
1. UPA President - Danny Potente
2. UPA Vice President - Loretta Smith
3. Mag. Editor - Alea Kittell (me)
4. Membership & General - Joshua Flach

Thanks for the info Conner Hills. I do not know if the UPA has enough funds yet for giving out a scholarship, but we hope with all of the improvements we are working on that we will gain members and then hopefully have more money to do things such as scholarships. It would be a great thing to do and I will see what the BOD says.

Quote:
I think Yoda's name is Frank.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom