New Year Hatch w/Connie,Wickedchicken6,BantyChooks,penny1960,CapricornFarm,Auroradream26 & Rubysword

Pics
@penny1960
What more can I say? Your bird has me creating threads left & right asking questions about this unique specimen.
The current question brought to forum is WHAT SEX?
By now I should not be asking this kind of a question. If I have been handling and caring for poultry for over 17 yrs, I should know how to sex a 5 m/o bird.
This one has me and hubby scratching each others heads.
Pretty/handsome- depends how you look at the features.
Characteristics of a rooster of the head and neck.View attachment 1397062
Long luxurious neck feathering/comb--ears-waddles say I'M A BOY!View attachment 1397068
The body shape suggests girl. Except that one feature that is exceptional-View attachment 1397079 The yellow leg is slightly fatter than the whiter leg. But the hardest thing to photograph is @penny1960 's yellow drumstick and thigh. It is much larger than the lighter leg. The bird walks kind of funny. Kinda like a pirate with a peg leg.
I might need to upload a video to explain better.

This photo says Rooster-View attachment 1397094

This side of the bird has brown spots and green highlights.View attachment 1397097Which is the lighter leg side of the big if you are following.View attachment 1397105
It was an overcast day yesterday. Couldn't use the flash with the shutter speed setting we were using. We were concentrating on relocation of the birds, not perfect photos. Quickie pics were taken after marring all the birds and banding them. No more tractor housing. They have a private residence now. At least before these current plans change.View attachment 1397108
Well there you go.. @penny1960
Video soon enough.
That leg coloring is crazy!! There is someone that had a male/female turkey on tho MO thread @BantyChooks please help
I can't have the beast hurting Banty
banty and the beast.....

Banty the chicken is really taking after me, eh?? :gig Thanks for the pictures, Connie.
Photography from Sunday June 24th-
Mr. @BantyChooks
DSC00001.JPG

Mr. Banty, has become freewill. Meaning he is living with the misfits. Misfits is not a dirty word or anything negitive by any means, it is just a nickname for my total free birds that have chose to be free. Stubbornly of course. Mr. Banty couldn't compete with Mr. @CapricornFarm , whom is older for one thing, and more aggressive as well. Mr. Banty has been excepted into the pack of misfits who sleep in the tree near the duck House. The funny thing is that his Father does not mess with him.
DSC00029 copy.jpg
This is Sgt.Pepper, Mr. Banty's father. He chases all of the free males off except Mr. Banty. Most unusual to say the least. I never pin pointed Banty's mom. I always believed she was a X or a BJG.
DSC00006.JPG

He just comes and goes as he pleases now. Pain in the butt at feeding time. Becoming trained with the free birds who hear the feed pouring and try to trip ya like a house cat walking under your feet.
He is trying to tag some of the free girls but doesn't really have the precision yet to accomplish the task.
DSC00018 copy.jpg

He is a hoot for sure. Spared from the crock pot boy's club!:gig
I have more pix. I thought I would start here with one of my favorite ones.:hugs

@CapricornFarm aka KING KONG.
This big bruiser kicked @BantyChooks out of The BYC Bunch. He is the dominate male. He has come at me once. I snatched him up by the head and now he plays nice. I ain't a scared of no newbie cockerel. He is kinda mean to wicked. I have an eye on him. He is walking a thin line. Beautiful but raging hormones are clouding his judgement.
DSC00022.JPG

Back
Top Bottom