New Year Hatch w/Connie,Wickedchicken6,BantyChooks,penny1960,CapricornFarm,Auroradream26 & Rubysword

Pics

Lazy Farmer

Gallus gallus domesticus
7 Years
Feb 28, 2017
Florida Peninsula
My Coop
My Coop
This is a thread created by em-wah to keep my BYC Buddies informed and/or involved with the progress of the Chicks that I hatched on New Years Eve/Day which were dedicated to them..
@Wickedchicken6 @BantyChooks @penny1960 @CapricornFarm @Auroradream26 & @Rubysword .
:thumbsup
For those not "in the know", I had a little sign up sheet on the Backyard Chickens New Years Hatch along. I set 6 eggs for my friends in the North.
Anyway, off season for me so I kept the hatch small and manageable.
If you need anymore details, all of the excitement is posted here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/9th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2018-hatch-a-long.1209643/
20171212_154140 copy.jpg

All in all, 7 were set counting a last minute addition by my DH.
Upon candling, Egg number 6 & 7 were noted as eliminated. #6 had the infamous "ring of death" & #7 infertile.
So that left me with 5 good possibilities.

2 hatched in 2017

20180101_113614 copy.jpg
3 Hatched the next day in 2018
20180101_114030 copy.jpg 20180101_134252 copy.jpg

Here is the bad part:oops:. Last night, number 2 chick was weak and had to be separated from the group. :( The group was stepping on her. The chick was placed in a different warm brooder. This morning it was really really weak. A couple hours ago it passed. Bummer for me. That was Banty's chick. Banty is one of my best friends on BYC so it kinda bummed me out. :hitSo there are 4 left from the Hatch along.

So to keep two of my besties on BYC enjoying all the fun on this thread, I have set 2 FRESHLY LAID EGGS from today... warm out of the Hens and into the cleaned out / acclimated incubator! Introducing.. Banty & Wicked!:wee
20180104_142636.jpg

Both Eggs are from the same "Free Birds" and should be viable.
Set day is January 4th. So 21 more days of suspense & fun!:fl
As I continue to add to this thread of the progress of New Years Chicks, I will be adding updates and candling reports of the 2 in the oven.
I WON'T GIVE UP UNTIL I HAVE CANADIAN CHICKENS!!:lau

Again, I created this thread for my friends I hatched for, but all are welcome to the forum. ;)
:oldTons of photos and stories coming soon! Stay tuned..
em-connie:cool:

Last edited:
This is a thread created by em-wah to keep my BYC Buddies informed and/or involved with the progress of the Chicks that I hatched on New Years Eve/Day which were dedicated to them..
@Wickedchicken6 @BantyChooks @penny1960 @CapricornFarm @Auroradream26 & @Rubysword .
:thumbsup
For those not "in the know", I had a little sign up sheet on the Backyard Chickens New Years Hatch along. I set 6 eggs for my friends in the North.
Any-hoo, off season for me so I kept the hatch small and manageable.
If you need anymore details, all of the excitement is posted here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/9th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2018-hatch-a-long.1209643/
View attachment 1226587
All in all, 7 were set counting a last minute addition by my DH.
Upon candling, Egg number 6 & 7 were noted as eliminated. #6 had the infamous "ring of death" & #7 infertile.
So that left me with 5 good possibilities.

2 hatched in 2017

3 Hatched the next day in 2018

Here is the bad part:oops:. Last night, number 2 chick was weak and had to be separated from the group. :( The group was stepping on her. The chick was placed in a different warm brooder. This morning it was really really weak. A couple hours ago it passed. Bummer for me. That was Banty's chick. Banty is one of my best friends on BYC so it kinda bummed me out. :hitSo there are 4 left from the Hatch along.

So to keep both of my besties on BYC enjoying all the fun on this thread, I have set 2 FRESHLY LAID EGGS from today... warm out of the Hens and into the cleaned out / acclimated incubator! Introducing.. Banty & Wicked!:wee
View attachment 1226610
Set day is January 4th. So 21 more days of suspense & fun!:fl
As I continue to add to this thread of the progress of New Years Chicks, I will be adding updates and candling reports of the 2 in the oven.
I WON'T GIVE UP UNTIL I HAVE CANADIAN CHICKENS!!:lau

Again, I created this thread for my friends, but all are welcome to the forum. ;)
:oldTons of photos and stories coming soon! Stay tuned..
em-connie:cool:
:wee

So sorry the little penguin died on you. :hugs Must have been too hot for her. :p

:wee

So sorry the little penguin died on you. :hugs Must have been too hot for her. :p
I was afraid to tell you... I knew last night she was down. Today when we chatted, I couldn't bring up the subject.. I wimped out..
I had the oven cleaned and dry already, so I plugged it in about 8 this morn. Followed my ladies around a couple hours ago and checked their hidden nests. Bingo.. I collect them everyday so I now they are from today. Only a 3 Roo/10 Hen ratio v.s. the NYD Hatch but still pretty good odds.
Made me feel better anyway.. lol, by putting them in the bator for you and wick..
long arm hug.gif
jumpy.gif

I was afraid to tell you... I knew last night she was down. Today when we chatted, I couldn't bring up the subject.. I wimped out..
I had the oven cleaned and dry already, so I plugged it in about 8 this morn. Followed my ladies around a couple hours ago and checked their hidden nests. Bingo.. I collect them everyday so I now they are from today. Only a 3 Roo/10 Hen ratio v.s. the NYD Hatch but still pretty good odds.
Made me feel better anyway.. lol, by putting them in the bator for you and wick..
View attachment 1226631 View attachment 1226634
Aww.. :hugs

I SAW WICKED IS LURKING!
1194537-71074f625728d75eb8286ee3f8938bfa.gif

I've only been getting about an hour of sleep a night (if that) since her egg petered out
sniffly blow nose.gif

bed bug sm.gif

Ever heard of "friends and money don't mix"
1183590-319f43c104dddbf15d777d76060d0f8a.jpg.gif
?

Who would know that applies to eggs as well
1180407-0b3d7dfa938efedd60d3c050216eeba7.jpg.gif
?

I got yah Sista frum anutter mutter!
hug behind.gif

After all, what is my Farm without a Rooster named Wickedchicken????
1184812-3130b3bb5e44d32fdd4639bf76da8c90.jpg.gif

I won't give up until I have you guys on my dinner table..
shhh.gif
I mean in my backyard..
thumb blue.gif
;)

I SAW WICKED IS LURKING!View attachment 1226674

I've only been getting about an hour of sleep a night (if that) since her egg petered outView attachment 1226690
View attachment 1226675

Ever heard of "friends and money don't mix"View attachment 1226683?

Who would know that applies to eggs as wellView attachment 1226680 ?

I got yah Sista frum anutter mutter! View attachment 1226676
After all, what is my Farm without a Rooster named Wickedchicken????View attachment 1226681

I won't give up until I have you guys on my dinner table..View attachment 1226686 I mean in my backyard.. View attachment 1226689 ;)
Wicked was on her cell phone with a lot of :he:he:he:barnie:he:he:he going on. It's a good thing I didn't answer this thread at that moment.
I thought this was the NYE hatching thread.:confused: :th Embarrassed? Yes I am. icon_redface.gif
Not that it's anything new for me.
But really? Who can see those small cell screens anyway?:confused:

#6 had the infamous "ring of death"
So I'm infamous??? :wee:woot Who knew?

I'm sad to hear little Banty died. I'll admit I was concerned when it was a penguin.
I was going to say she could join me for company. But you set two more eggs??? :eek:
Awwww, you didn't have to, that's very sweet! :hugs
We're related?? :eek: OH THAT'S RIGHT, I FORGOT. bighug.gif denkend_smilie_0004.gif

(Are you calling my mother nutty? I suppose that's fitting)
BUT you say WHAT??? We're going "free bird?"
I don't think anyone's eyes are ready for that!!! runcirclsmiley2.gif Eye bleach, EYE BLEACH!!

Does this mean I'm calling a rooster Connie?? denkend_smilie_0007.gif
I won't give up until I have you guys on my dinner table..
shhh-gif.1226686
I mean in my backyard..
thumb-blue-gif.1226689
;)
I'm feeling a bit anxious about the whole thing. I'm exactly sure why?? :confused:
Call it a feeling. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom