New Year Hatch w/Connie,Wickedchicken6,BantyChooks,penny1960,CapricornFarm,Auroradream26 & Rubysword

I've only been getting about an hour of sleep a night (if that) since her egg petered out
sniffly-blow-nose-gif.1226690
Does this mean you're up?? Come for supper! No, not breakfast. :rolleyes:
That sounds like something Banty would say.:smack

Soup and potato salad...it's going to be delicious! I've got to eat now...or I'll screw up breakfast. :p What? :confused:

Does this mean you're up?? Come for supper! No, not breakfast. :rolleyes:
That sounds like something Banty would say.:smack

Soup and potato salad...it's going to be delicious! I've got to eat now...or I'll screw up breakfast. :p What? :confused:
Time stamp says 6:43am
Answer yes. Shoveling Ash out of the fireplace. Was getting ready to put on my "Canadian Wardrobe" and carry the Ash to the burn pit out back.
Just after I hand turned my two Great White North eggs.
Got down to 21°. One more hard freeze tonight, then back to our average FL. weather.
:tongue

Until I get my act together and take individual photos, here are group pix. I can still tell them apart no worries. Size, feet color and feather color.
Taking excellent care of the BYC Four Pack. Soon to be 6-Pack..
Auorura, Capri, Penny!
20180105_171415.jpg

Little Ruby is tucked into the corner. Smallest in the bunch and last to hatch.
20180105_171353.jpg

Eggs from the Great White North...
It's dark up there I suppose.. I failed to use the flash. I didn't want to wake them up..
20180105_171333.jpg

I will leg band them this weekend or sooner.

Last edited:
@CapricornFarm your baby first!
Remember, yours is the dark one with dark legs. Penny has lighter color legs..
INTRODUCING BABY CAPRI!
DSC00028.JPG
DSC00124.JPG
DSC00125.JPG
DSC00128.JPG
DSC00129.JPG

:oldNotable characteristics of Baby Capri:
  • The Dark color legs indicate she was from one of 2 Black Jersey Giant Hens which are 100% free range. Father unknown. Eggs were fertilized during the over populated Rooster era which has been rectified. As her feathers come in, I will compare her with pix of those long gone Roos.
  • Capri likes to poo all over my clean towel. Just saying.
  • Capri is the LOUDEST chick in the group. OMG
  • It has been inquiring about the sweater you said you were knitting..:confused:
MORE TO COME EVERYBODY! BABY PENNY NEXT!
:wee

@penny1960
Here is my new (our) little sweetheart. She keep following the camera and me while snapping pix. Trying to hop in my hand as I would preposition her..
INTRODUCING BABY PENNY! :celebrate

DSC00022.JPG
DSC00017.JPG
DSC00006.JPG
DSC00012.JPG

:oldNotable characteristics of Baby Penny:
  • SHE HAS ANTS IN HER PANTS! I took 20 photos and the were all blurry from her moving and trying to hop on me.
  • Penny is trusting me and shows no fear or anxiety. She chirps a lot but not as loud as Capri..
  • Penny didn't poop on my clean towel..:rolleyes:
MORE COMING! STAY TUNED!

Last edited:
Before I get to the tiny Twins. One for my GWN friends, @BantyChooks & @Wickedchicken6 !
If you are following the thread from the beginning, you will know why they are still in the oven.
I wanted them to feel at home.
20180106_142244.jpg
So I felt a little Igloo and a Canadian Flag would give them some peace of mind. Creature comforts so to speak. After all, I want to be the first farm in my area that has 2 Canadian Roosters waking up the neighbors! What do you think eh?:cool:

Back
Top Bottom