New Year Hatch w/Connie,Wickedchicken6,BantyChooks,penny1960,CapricornFarm,Auroradream26 & Rubysword

Time to separate the TWINS. Almost identical. Except the size and shade. I will need to band them soon.
First.. The Tiny Baby!
INTRODUCING BABY RUBY! ( @Rubysword )
DSC00084.JPG
DSC00088.JPG
DSC00092.JPG
DSC00097.JPG
DSC00104.JPG

:oldNotable characteristics of Baby Ruby:
  • Ruby is so small that I am afraid to handle her. My hands seem so big holding her after holding the others.
  • Ruby was the assisted hatch. The membranes were wrapped around her head like a seat belt. She/he was also the very last of the batch.
  • Ruby is whiter than the twin. The twin being a little more yellow. As well as the size difference.
  • VERY PHOTO FRIENDLY!. Holds perfectly still for every shot.. A glamor chick indeed. She is a cutie pie & knows it.
ONE MORE TO GO! Give me a few mins..;)

@Auroradream26 .. Here is the last but not the least!
Every twin has another half... lol
INTRODUCING BABY Aurora!
DSC00052.JPG
DSC00055.JPG
DSC00057.JPG
DSC00060.JPG
DSC00062.JPG

:oldNotable characteristics of Baby Aurora:
  • I can't get a shot of her back! She keeps pecking the camera lens! Kind of aggressive. But not mean, but ain't scared.
  • Notice it is yellower? You really can't see the size difference unless the twins are side by side.
  • She sings when she chirps.. lol Like an Opera Singer maybe?
  • The back sides of the twins are identicle but Aurora's wings are slightly different marked. Same mom, same dad.
That's it for now. I have to get back to work now. DH is gunna whip me again! (kidding)
I will try to update pix & facts as time progresses.
Toot-a-loooo!

@CapricornFarm your baby first!
Remember, yours is the dark one with dark legs. Penny has lighter color legs..
INTRODUCING BABY CAPRI!
View attachment 1228656 View attachment 1228658 View attachment 1228659 View attachment 1228660 View attachment 1228662

:oldNotable characteristics of Baby Capri:
  • The Dark color legs indicate she was from one of 2 Black Jersey Giant Hens which are 100% free range. Father unknown. Eggs were fertilized during the over populated Rooster era which has been rectified. As her feathers come in, I will compare her with pix of those long gone Roos.
  • Capri likes to poo all over my clean towel. Just saying.
  • Capri is the LOUDEST chick in the group. OMG
  • It has been inquiring about the sweater you said you were knitting..:confused:
MORE TO COME EVERYBODY! BABY PENNY NEXT!
:wee
Yep, that is mine...just will not shut up!:lau

Before I get to the tiny Twins. One for my GWN friends, @BantyChooks & @Wickedchicken6 !
If you are following the thread from the beginning, you will know why they are still in the oven.
I wanted them to feel at home.
View attachment 1228698 So I felt a little Igloo and a Canadian Flag would give them some peace of mind. Creature comforts so to speak. After all, I want to be the first farm in my area that has 2 Canadian Roosters waking up the neighbors! What do you think eh?:cool:

:love :gig That's so cute!

Before I get to the tiny Twins. One for my GWN friends, @BantyChooks & @Wickedchicken6 !
If you are following the thread from the beginning, you will know why they are still in the oven.
I wanted them to feel at home.
View attachment 1228698 So I felt a little Igloo and a Canadian Flag would give them some peace of mind. Creature comforts so to speak. After all, I want to be the first farm in my area that has 2 Canadian Roosters waking up the neighbors! What do you think eh?:cool:
Omigosh em-Connie...those are some cute chicks. Y'all are cute I tell ya!!:clap :love

:gigThat's too funny! I'm sure our eggs will feel right at home with that flag. :p
I hope to beat Banty out of the shell, but if hatching imitates life, I fear Banty will beat me. 42kmoig2.gif

Omigosh em-Connie...those are some cute chicks. Y'all are cute I tell ya!!:clap :love

:gigThat's too funny! I'm sure our eggs will feel right at home with that flag. :p
I hope to beat Banty out of the shell, but if hatching imitates life, I fear Banty will beat me. View attachment 1229025
It sure does. Prepare to be eclipsed by the fastest hatcher to walk the planet, my southie friend. :plbb

Back
Top Bottom