New York mini chickenstock 2016

I've got some cute AB chicks! I was late to set from chickenstock so they're starting to hatch. One dark one and one light one. So cute

I was bad and didn't mark my eggs, not sure which were the AB. I have 19 chicks so far, the other 18 eggs just sit there :( Hope to get some late hatchers.

My sister-in-law only had 12 hatched as of yesterday. I'm not sure what she ended up with. Her incubator had a couple temp spikes, but she isn't sure why she had such a poor hatch. She won 6 dozen at the raffle. She normally gets a 70% hatch rate with her incubator. I'll update as soon as I know.

I didn't have a great hatch either - I think the heat fried them. I got four silkies out of six eggs, which is not bad, and three cemanis out of twelve eggs.

poor Honey my sham wow from chickenstock got her back side plucked by a critter this afternoon and I think the attack caused a prolapsed vent. She has been soaked in warm water and basatracin applied.

Ack. That looks painful. I'd never had any prolapse issues w her. She's a very sweet bird. Hope she's ok. I did have prolapse issues with a different bird and applied raw honey to the area after washing her off a few nights in a row. It seemed to help.

Ack. That looks painful. I'd never had any prolapse issues w her. She's a very sweet bird. Hope she's ok. I did have prolapse issues with a different bird and applied raw honey to the area after washing her off a few nights in a row. It seemed to help.
Well we found what got her. It was a mean Ole chicken hawk. About 3 hours after it tried to get Honey it took my mean ***** Bertha. She thought she was an egg laying roo. I'm p****d that blasted bird ate my dinner. She was a heavy girl who loved carrots so I was going to turn her into chicken soup.

Well we found what got her. It was a mean Ole chicken hawk. About 3 hours after it tried to get Honey it took my mean ***** Bertha. She thought she was an egg laying roo. I'm p****d that blasted bird ate my dinner. She was a heavy girl who loved carrots so I was going to turn her into chicken soup.

Well at least the chicken hawk got a bird u were planning on eliminating. Hope you find a way to chase the hawk out of ur area quick.

So one of my broodies decided she'd like to be a part of the chickenstock hatch-a-long. She hid an egg from me when I was moving things around & one escaped my plan. Can anyone see the chick? Momma hen seems to think she's hiding it.

Last edited:
I didn't have a great hatch either - I think the heat fried them. I got four silkies out of six eggs, which is not bad, and three cemanis out of twelve eggs.

You made out better then I did. I had 5 make it to lockdown. Yesterday was day 30... 1 had a pip the others nothing so I water checked them and nothing was moving. I cracked them open and fully developed and nothing. There was one egg that I thought had moved, but it might have been wishful thinking. I will check it again to night and crack it open to see. So looks like none of them hatched. They were looking good up till lockdown. Not sure where things went wrong. I did everything the same as other hatches so not sure if it was the weather or what, but no silkies for me
hit.gif

Any luck with the duck eggs? I know they have a little more time left..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom