New York mini chickenstock 2016

I'm excited as well. This is my first time to hatch chicks so I've no idea what to expect other than way more chicks than I need.

Your not alone with the social anxiety, those of us with it will be just fine. There are going to be too many cute fuzzies and garden things to talk about to worry about anxiety. We will all survive and come out of it with new life long friendships.

I'm currently incubating Buff orpington duck eggs, this event is kind of far from me but if I can line up some buyers for my ducklings they will be about a month old by this event. if anyone is interested I will go so let me know!

I didn't even know there was such thing as a buff orpington duck. They are beautiful. Sadly I have no place to keep a duck, I have a lot of space but it's all being used for chickens.

I'm excited as well. This is my first time to hatch chicks so I've no idea what to expect other than way more chicks than I need.

Your not alone with the social anxiety, those of us with it will be just fine. There are going to be too many cute fuzzies and garden things to talk about to worry about anxiety. We will all survive and come out of it with new life long friendships.
If you are not sure what to talk about...I suggest chickens! We all love them so much we spend our time on a forum learning how to take care of our chickens, spoil them, get them more friends etc...

You will be among great company! So many wonderful BYC'ers.
love.gif

I live near NYC and would love to come. I have never been before...do people sell things there? What if I just would like to buy stuff. I'm not sure what I have to offer to the occasion? I have lots of small roses of Sharon plants... I can cook/bake. As for the raffle...I can create a cute basket of goodies. Is that the kind of stuff to bring? I am really interested in meeting others who share the same interests. Thoughts?

Sstewart - sounds perfect to me - the gift basket is something I would bid on ... and most of us start out buying and NOT selling anything.

All you HAVE to do - is bring something to eat to share (potluck) and if you can - a basket or item/s to put in the raffle ... that's ALL - all the rest is fun and games !

I will be listing pictures and breeds of what I will have ready soon - like probably this weekend ... :)

If anyone would like some buff orpington ducks let me know so I can start up my other incubator I won't hatch any if I don't have any buyers. Thanks :)

Last edited:
After I see what hatches from my eggs in the next few weeks I'll have some chicks I can bring if there's interest and raise until the event, otherwise I can sell the day olds.

My husband says we should definitely go. I'm thinking of caprese salad & homemade rolls. You know someone needs to make deviled eggs lol.

I think I might buy some homemade soap for the basket. (I was going to try making it but I think it's better to buy instead of making everyone my guinea pig)

Do any of you blog?

Back
Top Bottom