New York mini chickenstock 2016

Here is my list- if any of you are listed as buying from me and want to change your mind - see another type you want more and have a budget - that is ok with me ! :) Just let me know. NEVER any hard feelings - and if I do NOT have you down and you thought you locked something in with me - let me know - the last few months I have not be on the threads as often as I normally am and I may have missed something ... I have also reduced my price a little for any live chicks if I manage to hatch any out - I think they are all spoken for anyway.

I am bringing snacks (kids can grab and go) and various things to drink. (too far to bring a hot dish - driving over 4 hours one way)

Chickengirl 15 - Hatching Eggs - 6 Marans and 6 AB blue layers at $2 per egg

Boskilli - want 4 grey/splash chicks (AB blue egg layers) at $5 per chick (plum tree? free from last year)

Akaruby - AB (blue egg layers) eggs or chicks - no number given - eggs will be $2.00 and Chicks $5

Gramma - plum tree (free from last year) 6 eggs at $2 each (2 Marans, 2 splash, 2 AB)

Susie - Marans chicks preferred - eggs if not $2 per egg $5.00 per chick

I AM GETTING:
Silver Spitz - phordoraburds
Beebalm Boskilli
Plus I will be browsing ! :)

hi there. what are AB (blue egg layers)?
thanks,
Teresa

Chicken15 - yep - those are the AB parents :) They are constantly on the move - so hard to get a good solid pic. Very curious and alert birds.

Mcdermottm - AB stands for Arkansas Blue - a production (lots of eggs per year) laying bird that lays a light blue egg. They give leghorns a run for their money as far as how many eggs are laid a year - I think the egg is a wee bit small for my liking and I always have said the blue is barely there - So I plan to work on those in MY birds - but the breed is set - they breed true each generation ... and there are a handful of AB breeders around - California, Michgan, Florida, Arkansas, and me-Vermont. They were developed at a university about 5 - 7 years ago to put a blue egg in the market to give the white eggs a run for their money.

So, the restroom and tables and grill and outlet for crock pot are all lined up. Remember to bring your lawn chairs and such.

My brain is all fuzzy, I don't plan stuff like this, my husband does. I can't wait!!!

I've helped my mom plan gatherings like this, so let me know if you need some help. If we accomplish filling in the former pool this spring, hubby said I could host next year ;)

Does anyone have the raffle tickets?

I've helped my mom plan gatherings like this, so let me know if you need some help. If we accomplish filling in the former pool this spring, hubby said I could host next year ;)

Does anyone have the raffle tickets?

I think Tab is hosting next year :)

Good point about the raffle tickets! We'll also need paper bags to put the tickets in, and name tags for everybody.

Chicken15 - yep - those are the AB parents :) They are constantly on the move - so hard to get a good solid pic. Very curious and alert birds.

Mcdermottm - AB stands for Arkansas Blue - a production (lots of eggs per year) laying bird that lays a light blue egg. They give leghorns a run for their money as far as how many eggs are laid a year - I think the egg is a wee bit small for my liking and I always have said the blue is barely there - So I plan to work on those in MY birds - but the breed is set - they breed true each generation ... and there are a handful of AB breeders around - California, Michgan, Florida, Arkansas, and me-Vermont. They were developed at a university about 5 - 7 years ago to put a blue egg in the market to give the white eggs a run for their money.
I just bought some Sapphire -Super Blue egg layer hatching eggs. they are white leghorn crossed with legbars. is this the same mix as the AB!
I had fun at the auction in Bath today. I got the super blue egg layer eggs, lavender orpington eggs, button quail eggs, Blue laced red Wyandotte eggs, and even a mix of Peacock eggs! there were pilgrim geese and some African geese and one of them laid an egg and I asked to have that before I left as well! score!!

I just bought some Sapphire -Super Blue egg layer hatching eggs.  they are white leghorn crossed with legbars.  is this the same mix as the AB!
I had fun at the auction in Bath today.  I got the super blue egg layer eggs, lavender orpington eggs, button quail eggs, Blue laced red Wyandotte eggs, and even a mix of Peacock eggs!  there were pilgrim geese and some African geese and one of them laid an egg and I asked to have that before I left as well!  score!! 

Hey, I'm starting some peafowl eggs today too :) Good luck with the goose egg, they require much more attention than other eggs. You also have to weigh them every week. If it hatches you'll need to get another gosling because they are very social and need a friend of their own species.

Sorry to double post! Just wanted to post a quick list of things we still need to be brought.

• Raffle tickets, as Lapeerian pointed out, and paper bags to use to collect them
  • Name tags for everyone
  • Drinks - we don't yet have anyone bringing drinks
  • Hotdogs and hamburgers - we don't have any of these being donated to grill yet either

I think Tab is hosting next year :)

Good point about the raffle tickets! We'll also need paper bags to put the tickets in, and name tags for everybody.
I've got the bag for the raffle tickets and I can get name tags covered, I will need everyone to send me first names so I can add those also, unless everyone wants to fill out their own. Either way is ok. Raffle tickets I can get where?

Sorry to double post! Just wanted to post a quick list of things we still need to be brought.

• Raffle tickets, as Lapeerian pointed out, and paper bags to use to collect them
  • Name tags for everyone
  • Drinks - we don't yet have anyone bringing drinks
  • Hotdogs and hamburgers - we don't have any of these being donated to grill yet either
dogs and drinks are on the list. Luv is bringing cases of water, Metella is bringing tea or lemonade and boskelli is bringing dogs with buns and all the fixins. 1 desert and I'm making one as well. I can make some homemade burger buns. If need be I can swipe some hay bales from next door for extra seating.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom