New York mini chickenstock 2016

I would really like to come out as I am very new to raising chickens and would love to get advice from seasoned parents. I say parents cause I see my pullets as my new children. All 26 of them,lol. I am in West Milton which I believe is only 2 hours away.

I would really like to come out as I am very new to raising chickens and would love to get advice from seasoned parents. I say parents cause I see my pullets as my new children. All 26 of them,lol. I am in West Milton which  I believe is only 2 hours away.

We'd love for you to come :) Will you be bringing anything to sell or anything for the potluck or auction? If so just let me know and I'll get you added to the lists!

I would really like to come out as I am very new to raising chickens and would love to get advice from seasoned parents. I say parents cause I see my pullets as my new children. All 26 of them,lol. I am in West Milton which  I believe is only 2 hours away.
You're not too far from me, or my vet (Dr. Smith in Galway is great!) It's good to have some close-is chicken addicts!

I can definitely bring some food for potluck. My wife makes an amazing Taco dip as well. I got her hooked as well, She picked out my silver laced wyandottes and my easter eggers. I think its a great opportunity for us to learn some things we may not know. I feel like I'm researching every day now....lol. Do we bring our own chickens as well to get advise on meeting breed standards.I'm going to be going through the APA flock certification program as well.

@Devona - ok thanks. I've got plenty of squash seeds, so I think I'll pass.

@Chicken girl 15 - Great! I'll be looking for the tomatillo seeds.

Speaking of seeds, I have plenty of extra pole bean seeds - they originally came from Baker Creek as "Lazy Wife" pole beans.
We've grown & saved our own seeds for several years now, selecting the best, longest pods. I think they've improved over the originals,
yet they still produce a crazy amount of beans. Actually, we've been calling them the "Busy Homemaker" because they produce so many
in one "clump" and like you have to harvest them like every day or two - or else you'll have lots of soup beans. Which, by the way, they
also make great dry beans - just plain white ones.

Also have summer & winter squash seeds and tomato (lots of varieties) seeds from our own garden, peas too.
Some purchased corn seed (I think it's the bantam) - may be a year or two old.

Back
Top Bottom