New York mini chickenstock 2016

@Pyxis I guess I should ask what color my Guinea are. I'm so excited .

@PhoredaBurds I also need to know your egg markings so I know which eggs could be what color chick.

Well so far I've hatched mostly lavender, what appears to possibly be brown, and a pearl, so any of those are possible :) Have you candled them yet? This is what mine looked like on day 6:

For those who got the lavender silkie eggs. I set some and have 100% developing! The AB eggs I have 9/13. Gonna hopefully have good hatches

Upon candling one of mine either wasn't fertile or didn't like the long drive home so it didn't start but the other five are doing great :)

that about what mine look like as well. I have to get a better light so I can take pictures.

Excellent news! Let me know what colors hatch, I'll be very curious.

Last edited:
For those who got the lavender silkie eggs. I set some and have 100% developing! The AB eggs I have 9/13. Gonna hopefully have good hatches
Upon candling one of mine either wasn't fertile or didn't like the long drive home so it didn't start but the other five are doing great
smile.png
With the 6 egg that I have, 5 are developing nicely, one never developed.

I love that this has turned into a hatch along! I'm a hatchaholic that has decided to limit additions for the time being (unless by some twist of fate I get a broody), so the vicarious hatching is wonderful. Keep posting the updates, please. :)

I think I might attempt to hatch some babies from my disabled couple MOJO and Girlie. They are the 2 sweetest full size birds I have. Does anyone think his twisted toes or her vision could be genetic?

Back
Top Bottom