New York mini chickenstock 2016

For his fantastic display of affection I will chance the toes. I will start with only 4 or 6 just so I don't have a full yard of disabled birds. Although my "Broken Bird Barnyard " is very accommodating to the specific needs of the multi breed flock.

For his fantastic display of affection I will chance the toes. I will start with only 4 or 6 just so I don't have a full yard of disabled birds. Although my "Broken Bird Barnyard " is very accommodating to the specific needs of the multi breed flock.

I think both disabilities were injuries not genetic, but I'm not the original owner. They were both bottom ranking birds in the original flock and I think injured as a result. So my vote is go for it! You have the ideal set up to make it work. I'll even consider getting some of their offspring from you if you have them around this fall.

I think both disabilities were injuries not genetic, but I'm not the original owner. They were both bottom ranking birds in the original flock and I think injured as a result. So my vote is go for it! You have the ideal set up to make it work. I'll even consider getting some of their offspring from you if you have them around this fall.
I'm going for it then. They are both top ranked in the flock now. I even let them out in the yard (supervised of course) in the evening.

Candled last night, pulled 9 clear and 1 blood ring, so a bator full of 41 still going!

And we have a new broody, another Partridge Rock hen, but she is not as kind as her sister earlier this spring. Puts up a fight trying to pull her out and move her to the coop. Going to let her keep going, try to move her to an Eglu and see if she sticks. Be happy to let her brood this bator full of chicks!

Duckie is doing GREAT!!! She (I hope) and the Littles just got separated today. Today she graduated from 1inch deep pool to 3 inch deep, she is loving it. She still has a cage mate though, it's name is Bugs, a cute little Dutch bunny.

The single brooder which was 1 large dog cage in the grown-up coop is now 2 large cages in the teens run. The teens get booted out in the evening and King the awesome gold spitzhauben from @PhoredaBurds and his 2 wife's think they are the "keepers of the teens ". So probably 2 more weeks and the 1 teen I am keeping (for color purpose of course) will be integrated into the big coop . The other 5 will be off to freezer camp. Then the Littles will be evicted from the brooder so the babies have a home when they hatch. MOJO corralled the babies back to the brooder after their free run of the teens space while the teens invaded the big girls space in the wide open. MOJO and his wife Girlie (renamed by my oldest ) loved all over the babies.

Duckie is doing GREAT!!! She (I hope) and the Littles just got separated today. Today she graduated from 1inch deep pool to 3 inch deep, she is loving it. She still has a cage mate though, it's name is Bugs, a cute little Dutch bunny.

The single brooder which was 1 large dog cage in the grown-up coop is now 2 large cages in the teens run. The teens get booted out in the evening and King the awesome gold spitzhauben from @PhoredaBurds and his 2 wife's think they are the "keepers of the teens ". So probably 2 more weeks and the 1 teen I am keeping (for color purpose of course) will be integrated into the big coop . The other 5 will be off to freezer camp. Then the Littles will be evicted from the brooder so the babies have a home when they hatch. MOJO corralled the babies back to the brooder after their free run of the teens space while the teens invaded the big girls space in the wide open. MOJO and his wife Girlie (renamed by my oldest ) loved all over the babies.

How's your little Dutch bunny doing? And the one I almost took home? Mine is sitting beside me right now enjoying a tiny piece of crust.

So nice to hear!

We had brahma in the slow cooker for dinner. It was delicious. I think we will be doing the white bresse next.

How's your little Dutch bunny doing? And the one I almost took home? Mine is sitting beside me right now enjoying a tiny piece of crust.
the Dutch is great she is so sweet and loveable. The white with gray you almost took passed. She ate way more corn than she should have and bloated up. The white and black one escaped and lives in the firewood pile across the street. The all white one lives happily in the grow out coop with the teens and disabled group.

Last edited:
the Dutch is great she is so sweet and loveable. The white with gray you almost took passed. She ate way more corn than she should have and bloated up. The white and black one escaped and lives in the firewood pile across the street. The all white one lives happily in the grow out coop with the teens and disabled group.
I have read that corn is really not good for them and they shouldn't have it at all . I'm sorry it didn't make it...She was so cute

Back
Top Bottom