New York mini chickenstock 2016

Me too! One egg I put under a broody is pipping, a couple in the bator are peeping!:celebrate   Can I safely move pipped chicks from the bator to under a broody? I currently have 3 broody hens....would love them to raise the chicks naturally..

I've got chicks a'hatching too! Most are my CH eggs but a few are the CL/EE from @Susieq2015. It looks like out of 7 "bonus" spitz eggs, the broody hatched 5 chicks, 2 are "yellowish".
CL/EE chick:

My eggs are still hanging in there. I have one that looks like it is piping in the middle? There were a few that when they went to lock down the air pocket was sideways instead of at the end. Not sure what was going on with those. Haven't done anything different with these then any other I have hatched... Hoping that they hatch... I have a broody that would LOVE some chicks to raise!...

Once these are done hatching I think that I need to find some more eggs..I think that I can handle one or two more hatches this year... Not sure if DH can though...
lau.gif

Whole oats and wheat berries I can get extremely cheap. Are those both good for the chickens and Duckie in moderation in addition to the free choice feed? Soaked of course to get optimal benefits.

I can get Duckie to load though. She is feathering out finally. Any clue her breed (or sex)?

Yes duckie is a welsh harlequin that I believe to be male, based on beak color at time of hatch. He was a runt and don't know what happened with his neck. It only got that way after I put him in with the chicks as his siblings were outgrowing him and he did better under the heat lamp with chicks. My son did not want me to cull him so I offered him free if someone wanted him.

No baby yet, but it should be soon. I have not been on much as I have been preparing to move and have a baby. Unfortunately I'm not sure if I will still,be moving as the person I would be renting from was in a terrible car accident and we don't know if she will pull through. I'm sure this changes things a bit but not sure how yet. All I care is she gets well for her family and kids. Prayers for her please.

Yes duckie is a welsh harlequin that I believe to be male, based on beak color at time of hatch. He was a runt and don't know what happened with his neck. It only got that way after I put him in with the chicks as his siblings were outgrowing him and he did better under the heat lamp with chicks. My son did not want me to cull him so I offered him free if someone wanted him.

No baby yet, but it should be soon. I have not been on much as I have been preparing to move and have a baby. Unfortunately I'm not sure if I will still,be moving as the person I would be renting from was in a terrible car accident and we don't know if she will pull through. I'm sure this changes things a bit but not sure how yet. All I care is she gets well for her family and kids. Prayers for her please.
male or female no problem either way. He is a sweet little guy who fits well here. Let the kids know he is doing great and getting big and feathered. He loves his chickens and his bunny. I know soon he must have a female to save my chickens from him.

Good luck on this last bit of pregnancy and many prayers to the person you are to rent from.

So the General and his 2 tiny feather footed ladies have started to roost now. I was a bit shocked as they were tucked sweetly in with the teens. All I have to do is integrate the teens to the old hens.

poor Honey my sham wow from chickenstock got her back side plucked by a critter this afternoon and I think the attack caused a prolapsed vent. She has been soaked in warm water and basatracin applied.

Back
Top Bottom