Niacin Supplement for Duckling Feed

Hball

Chirping
Jun 1, 2022
Kentucky
I just purchased ducklings I would say are maybe 2 days old. The feed I am giving them did not display the amount of niacin so I emailed them and they said t has 75 ppm. Do I need to add more niacin (brewers yeast) to the feed?

The feed is nature serve duckling starter/grower feed.

Also I have adult ducks that are all at least 20 weeks and older. I had been just sprinkling brewers yeast on their food maybe once a week. Is this necessary?

Just inquiring before purchasing more.

A duckling starter should have sufficient, but it all depends on the duck. I have to supplement mine for my Welshie. I've never had to do this before.

It doesn't hurt to add the brewers yeast, but I'd do it every day if possible.

A duckling starter should have sufficient, but it all depends on the duck. I have to supplement mine for my Welshie. I've never had to do this before.

It doesn't hurt to add the brewers yeast, but I'd do it every day

So add some to the adult food everyday and watch the ducklings and monitor for signs or add to both?

Which duck food are you using exactly just so we know?
It's hard to over do Niacin, and when they're young it's very very important. I would play with brewers and nutritional to see which they like more and go with that that's how I figured out they like nutritional yeast more than brewers.
Age wise the older ducks are yo past the time where you have to freak out about it but it can always help. The little ones need their niacin. You can also buy niacin supplements in powder form in capsules and break the capsules open and put that on top of their food as well.

Also certain snack/treat food is high in niacin; ie frozen peas. My ducks go absolutely nuts for frozen peas in a bowl of ice water midday/ and in their pool at night so they want to go into their enclosure.

Which duck food are you using exactly just so we know?
It's hard to over do Niacin, and when they're young it's very very important. I would play with brewers and nutritional to see which they like more and go with that that's how I figured out they like nutritional yeast more than brewers.
Age wise the older ducks are yo past the time where you have to freak out about it but it can always help. The little ones need their niacin. You can also buy niacin supplements in powder form in capsules and break the capsules open and put that on top of their food as well.

Also certain snack/treat food is high in niacin; ie frozen peas. My ducks go absolutely nuts for frozen peas in a bowl of ice water midday/ and in their pool at night so they want to go into their enclosure.
The duckling food is Nature Serve Duckling Starter/Grower at 75ppm niacin. The adult food I’ve been giving is Nutrena Country feeds duck pellet. I do give my adult ducks frozen peas and they also love canned tuna in water for extra niacin. I raised 3 ducklings before and now they are 20-21 weeks old and then I put brewers yeast and tried nutritional too all the way up until they were around 10 weeks old then decreased giving it to them everyday. I just wanted to try to get more info on it for these new ducklings.

The duckling food is Nature Serve Duckling Starter/Grower at 75ppm niacin. The adult food I’ve been giving is Nutrena Country feeds duck pellet. I do give my adult ducks frozen peas and they also love canned tuna in water for extra niacin. I raised 3 ducklings before and now they are 20-21 weeks old and then I put brewers yeast and tried nutritional too all the way up until they were around 10 weeks old then decreased giving it to them everyday. I just wanted to try to get more info on it for these new ducklings.
It seems that your ducklings are in good hands.
I would continue what you're doing. Could experiment and see what they like as well

Back
Top Bottom