Nifty's Feral Kitty Adventure

Pics
Update: For the most part, KMM is living her best life!

We are having some issues with her not being friendly to the other cat (grandparent's cat next to us), so are doing our best to keep them separated and having them on different outside schedules.

One thing we noticed: Her breathing the last couple of days has been VERY fast. In fact, early this morning I was surprised and thought she was maybe getting ready to huck a hair-ball.

... but she just continues to breath fast. It's not especially hot, and she's not exhibiting any other problems, so we called the vet. They said "keep an eye on her for if it gets worse or changes."

... so that's what we're doing for now.

Here's a video from this morning:

With that breathing I would at least get bloodwork and a couple chest x-rays done.

You are right. Much like chickens cats are masters at hiding illness.

Update: Vet said to keep an eye on her, which we did... and within a day or two she seemed fine. PHEW!

So, she'd back to her best life... where anything is a pillow:

2.jpg

1.jpg
3.jpg

She's been EXTRA needy lately... especially at night.

She comes into the bedroom about 30 - 60 minutes after I've fallen asleep, then with a loud MEEEOOOW jumps up on the bed and meows/licks me until I pet her... and then she plops down against me.

If I don't make room for her on "her side" of the bed, she basically yells at me until I do.

I know... I know... I've conditioned her with pets in bed at night... but it's IMPOSSIBLE for me not to pet that floofyness at night, no matter how much I hate her waking me up.

UGH!

Back
Top Bottom