North Carolina

yuckyuck.gif
LOTS OF THOSE AROUND AT LEAST FOR ME

I put mine on there - I was the ONLY one in NC!
hmm.png
Well there are now 4 of us on it. took some doing but I figured it out finally. sheesh.
WRVgirl is the closet to me and she is still not real close. Even if she looks close.

Everyone getting enough wind today. My young chickens are of course loving it, the older one not so much...

Well there are now 4 of us on it. took some doing but I figured it out finally. sheesh.
WRVgirl is the closet to me and she is still not real close. Even if she looks close.

Everyone getting enough wind today. My young chickens are of course loving it, the older one not so much...
Tick U are smarter than me
idunno.gif

If there is an edit button there I aint found it

Last edited:
Question : If we are invited to bring our birds/chicks/eggs to a flock swap at a feed store...are we covered under their green card. (if they even have one) ??
That is where you start getting into 'iffy' territory. It depends whether the store is owned and not a lease. Whether the parking lot or area used for the swap is part of the store and private property or if it is a public lot that several stores use. Then the parking lot must be on the same property deed as the store. Then also if the swap is advertised as a public sell where anyone can come and sell or only those invited. blah...blah...blah.

I do know that the first Flock swap that NCPoultry had several years ago at the Statesville TSC was checked. I did not go to that one and that is the only time I have ever heard about a State Vet showing up to check. Those with out a Greencard were given a copy of the form to fill out and send in. That was all.

Matt

I looked up all the laws associated with poultry, and as long as you aren't selling 30 dozen eggs a week or more, and you aren't selling more than a thousand chickens then it doesn't look like any rules apply...I could be wrong...but here is the NCDA&CS website...
http://www.ncagr.gov/meatpoultry/packets.htm
That is for factory meat birds. When I talked to the state they said if you sell even 1 'farm' chicken or 'exhibition' poultry off your property you have to have the permit. Don't you just love RED TAPE.

That was last year and 2 years before that. I haven't talked to anyone this year except for the notice of more possible checks at shows/sales/swaps. The problem is that their budget has been cut almost 10%. To do checks they would need to hire more or pay overtime. They don't have the money for that.

Matt

I need your help Silkie Experts....my young hen has a crooked neck(wry neck?) AND a large lump where her "ear"(the pretty blue spot) is? Im giving vitamins in the water and the Poly Vitamins(babies with out iron)....any other suggestions? Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom