North Carolina

I'm so sorry! Hopefully you'll get them all good homes quickly.

Hi Everybody!!

I need help trying to rehome some of my birds. These are like pets to me, but after a coyote attack during daylight yesterday, I realized I need to keep my birds locked in their run during the day, so I need to downsize.

Does anybody know anyone who would be interested in:

- one Dark Brahma pair - rooster came from a breeder in Johnson county, big, very pretty and friendly.
The pullet is also very pretty, good coloring, nice size. Both are 11 months old.

- a pair or trio or quad of Delawares - I got these from the vice-president of the Delaware Club, she got the from Whitmore Farm in Maryland, well known for their good lines.http://www.whitmorefarm.com/.
Unfortunately the coyote took my very best Dellie pullet, but the other ones are not bad at all.
Also 11 months old.

I can deliver anywhere within 1:00 from Pittsboro.

Please email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

My new NN chick!

My new frizzle chick! It is part cochin!

Box of chicks. We got 7 all together. Couple White EEs. A few cochin mixes. One of the cochin mixes may be part polish. Definately adding some color to our flock!

Sorry not best pictures I took them in the car with my phone.

Cute fuzzy butts!
celebrate.gif

My new NN chick!

My new frizzle chick! It is part cochin!

Box of chicks. We got 7 all together. Couple White EEs. A few cochin mixes. One of the cochin mixes may be part polish. Definately adding some color to our flock!

Sorry not best pictures I took them in the car with my phone.

Caution - Viewer Discretion Advised

Well I had an unpleasant adventure tonight. One of my bantam hens had broken her hip and was limping really badly. Well I was hoping she would heal but it turned worse to the point she couldn't walk at all so I made the tough decision to put her down. :-(

I tried the old fashioned snap the neck thing... oh dear lord it did not work. I must have done something wrong or she was super hen. She played dead but I seen her breathing... so I went to pick her up and she jumped up and started cackling... so I had to try again.. and once again I thought I had dispatched her.. .I mean I was wringing her neck like no other.. I didn't want her to suffer so I was trying my best to do it quick... again she didn't die... so in a panic I ran in the house and got the axe... it finally did the job.

never again will I do the wringing of the neck method. It was horrible and the worst experience. I felt so bad.... GRR!

Caution - Viewer Discretion Advised

Well I had an unpleasant adventure tonight. One of my bantam hens had broken her hip and was limping really badly. Well I was hoping she would heal but it turned worse to the point she couldn't walk at all so I made the tough decision to put her down. :-(

I tried the old fashioned snap the neck thing... oh dear lord it did not work. I must have done something wrong or she was super hen. She played dead but I seen her breathing... so I went to pick her up and she jumped up and started cackling... so I had to try again.. and once again I thought I had dispatched her.. .I mean I was wringing her neck like no other.. I didn't want her to suffer so I was trying my best to do it quick... again she didn't die... so in a panic I ran in the house and got the axe... it finally did the job.

never again will I do the wringing of the neck method. It was horrible and the worst experience. I felt so bad.... GRR!

hugs.gif

Michael - I am so sorry for your ordeal!!
hugs.gif
Many many hugs to you!!

Good morning everyone!! Busy weekend planned (assuming the baby is yet again a no show!!). DH is going to work in the coop (we do DL method, and he wants to sweep the whole thing out since it's on concrete, wash it down and then once it's all "clean" put it all back together...says it's too dusty/dirty and it's not good for me to be in there!!
love.gif
What a sweetheart....unless he's trying to prevent me from getting more?!? NAH), get the duck "pond" cleaned out and put into place and we have lots of things that need planting/transplanting/weeded!!

Super excited...today I get to have a "girls day out"...something I haven't had much of since moving to NC, let alone since I grew to be as big as a basketball!! Planning on helping lay out a quilt, and just hang out...how cool is that?!? WOOHOO. I love our BYC'ers!! Now....off to get DD's things together so we can hit the road in a few hours.

Morning everyone!!
Have a somewhat busy day ahead. We are getting ready to leave for Sylva this morning. My mom is having an ultrasound done. They think she has a gallstone stuck in the bile duct, wether it's that or not I just hope they find something out!!! After that we are off to look at some houses that are for sale, which I always enjoy. And finally our light sussex rooster we rescued is getting adopted to day
celebrate.gif

What adorable little chicks Marlow!!
love.gif

hugs.gif
X3
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom