North Carolina

Okay I know I've asked this before but does anyone know of a low-key show within a few hours of here in the next several months? I'd love to go to one just to see what it's like and then once my birds are older, maybe get involved in one. What's the best starting age for a bird to be in a show?

there wont be any more shows until fall...Morganton will be the first and the closest to Monroe. Im sure Matt will post the details as soon as they have been confirmed.

the earlier the better you can start handling your birds and conditioning the show the better. I am very new to showing myself, and still have a ton to learn...look at some of the show forums for different breeds etc, join the SHOW POULTRY group on facebook, ask tons of questions and even if you don't show at the show in the fall, go anyways and see what it is all about. which of your breeds were you planning to show? find someone who already shows the breed to mentor you.

Okay I know I've asked this before but does anyone know of a low-key show within a few hours of here in the next several months? I'd love to go to one just to see what it's like and then once my birds are older, maybe get involved in one. What's the best starting age for a bird to be in a show?

Spring shows in NC and SC are done for the season. The next show is Oct 27 in Morganton, NC. There are a few fairs that have shows, but only 1 or 2 are ABA/APA sanctioned shows.

Matt

I know theres alot of folks on here that could give you info but since your interested in showing your Silkies you should talk to Gavin and Allison. They could probably help you alot with info.

So, what's the word from WCA? Anything good today? How was the seating? We're waiting to hear!

When I got apple for the remaining rabbit today, I also took a chunk out for the bantam pairs, since they can't free-range. Those little hens both knew exactly what those were! They were so much fun to watch! Hubby also dropped them some safe trimmings from the garden. I was wondering about the hay rack in those cages, but it's perfect for dropping in some fresh greens without having to open up the cage. So far, so good on them. We'll see how long until I get an egg!

Last edited:
So, what's the word from WCA?  Anything good today?  How was the seating?  We're waiting to hear!

When I got apple for the remaining rabbit today, I also took a chunk out for the bantam pairs, since they can't free-range.  Those little hens both knew exactly what those were!  They were so much fun to watch!  Hubby also dropped them some safe trimmings from the garden.  I was wondering about the hay rack in those cages, but it's perfect for dropping in some fresh greens without having to open up the cage.  So far, so good on them.  We'll see how long until I get an egg!

We are almost home from WCA. It was our first time. We are coming home with one pygmy goat, 5 baby ducks, one watering tub, and 12 hatching eggs.

The benches were very uncomfortable. My booty hurt. We left towards the end but it was still going but almost done and that was almost done. It was fun. Dhhs enjoyed it and he wouldn't let me hold the number card.:(

So, what's the word from WCA? Anything good today? How was the seating? We're waiting to hear!

When I got apple for the remaining rabbit today, I also took a chunk out for the bantam pairs, since they can't free-range. Those little hens both knew exactly what those were! They were so much fun to watch! Hubby also dropped them some safe trimmings from the garden. I was wondering about the hay rack in those cages, but it's perfect for dropping in some fresh greens without having to open up the cage. So far, so good on them. We'll see how long until I get an egg!

WCA was crowded.... over 350 boxes. $ was good. Lots of rabbits today. A year old black shoulder peacock sold for $275
ep.gif
That was insane !!!

You can absolutely bring your own chair. There are also 6 or so chairs. I will bring my own chair next time and have my kids sit right behind me .

Sold all my stuff and came home with nothing !!!
clap.gif

WCA was crowded.... over 350 boxes. $ was good. Lots of rabbits today. A year old black shoulder peacock sold for $275
ep.gif
That was insane !!!

You can absolutely bring your own chair. There are also 6 or so chairs. I will bring my own chair next time and have my kids sit right behind me .

Sold all my stuff and came home with nothing !!!
clap.gif

Do you have third-party confirmation on that? I'm not sure I can quite believe it!

Thanks for the chair info. I may see if I can come next weekend.

Back
Top Bottom