North Carolina

X2
love.gif
Thanks, everybody is loving their names. I am going to get them ready and take them to a show early next year.

Speaking of which, all my birds are about the same age (spring 2012 babies) and I was just curious when they will go through their first big molt? I feel like I know the answer but I want it confirmed before I go making any assumptions.

X2 for me! Thats sad though.

I finally have one of those super duper sweet roosters!! Too bad hes too little to be in charge of my big girls. My new Serama boy, Thanks to Tricia(Henthymes), feeds individual pieces of food and special snacks to his girl (he even tried to feed me a cricket he found but I politely insisted it go to his girl
lau.gif
), he stands guard at the nesting box while she lays her egg, and has the cutest little crow ever!!

Sweet little girl, Im stuck on names for them. I want something that will match.

He is missing some feathers but is still adorable
love.gif

Your seramas are so cute.... I love seramas.
Speaking of seramas.... DH has finally gotten up the framework of my serama coop... I helped him paint it yesterday. Tomorrow he will build the enclosure and wrap it all up in wire. I can't wait!
celebrate.gif

And I don't give a poop what my neighbor thinks !!
tongue.gif

Me either! (Yours or mine... LoL)
rant.gif

gig.gif

My Turkeys are Jitterbug & Sweet Thang.
lol.png

Mine are Turk & Myrtle.
wink.png

Good morning folks
frow.gif

Again the weatherman is saying more rain.........
at this rate I think we need to remodel the coops
into houseboats..........more like coopboats
lau.gif

those birds better start growing web feet and
develope a taste for fish. It makes it hard to
plan out the weekend when you don't know if
it's going to rain you out or not.
hmm.png

NH......hope your little sweetness is on the mend.
fl.gif

Have a super Friday folks
bun.gif

And a late Good Morning, Everyone!

I'm having trouble getting myself on fall schedule. Blech.

I heard a sneeze come from the remaining chickenhouse, which nearly caused a panic attack! I'm not sure if I have a bird in there getting sick, or if it was just dust.

This episode in my life really needs to end. Really.

Have a great day everyone!

Morning...

Off to a busy day myself. Of course it is raining and I will be dragging the whole gang with me.
tongue.png

Supposed to go to a Back to School pool party with our Church Youth Group tomorrow night... hope it does not storm.
fl.gif

Chicks are hatching
wee.gif
I LOVE hatch days !! Best part is they are not mine, so no worries about adding to the flock.....well maybe 1 or 2.
gig.gif

Morning all!

Off work today and I plan on working on my coop. I am going to attempt to convert the coop floor from a pine shaving litter, to sand. Which is going to require putting some sort of liner down or container to contain the sand. I am still contemplating what I am going to do for this, but first I have to clean out the coop before I can begin.

I have a thread up getting ideas for what to use as the liner if anyone has any suggestions, you can see some photos of what I'm working with.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...from-pine-shavings-to-sand-suggestions-wanted

wee.gif
Excited to announce I candled my first chocolate AND lavender bantam orp eggs in the bator and all are vital!!!!
celebrate.gif

Rookie: Very glad to see they are settling in well. Thank you so much!!

I hate to say this because I know it has been needed, but Like CSB; they will need swimming lessons soon!
barnie.gif

Rain... rain....,
Go away,
Come again
some other day,
Because little birds want to play.............
love.gif

Hope everyone is having a good day. Try to stay dry out there...it's gloomy and raining off and on here!!

Chicken hatch update: We are at 6 but she is still sitting on 7 refusing to get off...so perhaps there are more?!? Only time will tell!!

Off to cuddle a sick baby and read/blow bubbles with the other one!!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom