North Idaho / Eastern Washington

@UGLYFOOT Hi, how are you doing? and how are your birds? how is work. we had some high winds 2 nights ago and it knocked over my corn stocks and broke some limbs off our apple trees. i moved my car just in case limbs broke off our very large pine trees. no pine limbs broke, thank God.
are you going to the fair? i am, i want to look at the rabbits, horses, chickens, ducks (if they have any?), horses, etc.

@UGLYFOOT Hi, how are you doing? and how are your birds? how is work. we had some high winds 2 nights ago and it knocked over my corn stocks and broke some limbs off our apple trees. i moved my car just in case limbs broke off our very large pine trees. no pine limbs broke, thank God.
are you going to the fair? i am, i want to look at the rabbits, horses, chickens, ducks (if they have any?), horses, etc.

Hi @CyndiD. I am well. My birds not so much.. I have lost a few more and expect to keep losing them. That is the part that sucks so much about Marek's. It's just a waiting game to see who will be next. I had to put down two of my favorites and it almost broke me.. My avatar is going down hill now, it is so hard to watch them wither away. I am done with the idea of increasing my flock. We just built a big quail pen for the cotunix. I need to find somewhere to sell those eggs. I am going to try pickling them, I have heard there good. I am also trying to talk my hubby into letting me have an emu. I am going to just have other species of birds.

Work is ok, it's work. Lol. We saw signs of big wind in the area, but none of our trees were damaged. Last fall we lost a big one. I am hoping to get to the fair this year, it's been a while. They usually have ducks in with the chickens and turkeys.
Thanks for asking about me and my critters. I hope all is will with your farm too.

@UGLYFOOT hello, after losing my Avatar "Einstein" i have not had any more chickens get sick... Thank God!! I am not sure what was wrong w/him. the only thing i can think of is the "Poultry Powder" i put on him for his mites? since he seemsed to have a neurological issue, but his symptoms were alot like mareks... idk???
my rabbits, ducks, horses & dogs, oh and my dh are all doing well. i am so glad the heat has subsided, i can actually stay outside and get some yard work done. 2 times now i have left the hose on in my garden; the 1st time it was on for over 24 hrs, yikes, i made a pond, and the 2nd time i left it on for 7hrs and it made a small pond/puddle. my dh said he was going to put a lock on the hydrants. he was 1/2 kidding. our water comes from a well we had drilled.
i am getting so forgetful when i am doing many task at once around the property, kwim?
The fair starts tomorrow (Wed), i am not sure which day/s i am going. i want to gon on the day that they are selling and the days they are showing the rabbits & horses. i live 60miles south, so it is a drive for me.
well, talk to you later,
hope work is a joy to do for you. it always helps to get ready for work if you love your job and the environment you work in... im sure you know this?
later gater and God bless your flock. i have never had emu's; they are amazing birds... they are fast moving.

@UGLYFOOT p.s. i am so sorry you are going through this disease/virus.. and i am so sorry for Priscilla... she is a cutiepie. please believe e when i say i know how you feel and i am sad for you. You will recover and your heart will be glad again... i know you know this, just trying to comfort you. hugs to you..

@UGLYFOOT p.s. i am so sorry you are going through this disease/virus.. and i am so sorry for Priscilla... she is a cutiepie. please believe e when i say i know how you feel and i am sad for you. You will recover and your heart will be glad again... i know you know this, just trying to comfort you. hugs to you..

Thank you Cyndi. I appreciate your comforting words. We have decided on Saturday for the fair. Tomorrow night Wed, we are going to Stateline speedway for the "boat races" cars pulling boats on trailers around the figure 8!! Should be fun and my family will all be there too! Friday my in-laws will be here for a few hours. So all in all, it will be a busy "weekend" for us. We don't usually have traditional weekends like most people, we start our next three 12 hr shifts on Sun this week.

Now one of our female ducks is gone... Was there when gathered eggs in the morning, left them penned until got home from work, and she was gone. No blood or excess feathers anywhere. Can only conclude either a very large aerial predator or that she has a nest in the field somewhere. Now the boys outnumber the girls, and our previous sellers of eggs are not selling currently. Sigh. Only have 4 eggs of our own currently so if we incubate them high likelihood of boys lol. However on a good note, the geese are laying, for 4 eggs this week with the 2 girls!

Hey Ugly foot!
I have a couple of chicks that hatched they are part silky, and frizzle, but I think will be smooth. The gray one has that black skin, and the black one has everything black. black feet, black "rosebud", beak. I know he is not a

what is that "all black" chicken again? But this will be my consolation prize.although it may be a boy and I will have to give him away like my other roos.
I adopted 5 today to go with these 2.

Last edited:
Hey Ugly foot!
I have a couple of chicks that hatched they are part silky, and frizzle, but I think will be smooth. The gray one has that black skin, and the black one has everything black. black feet, black "rosebud", beak. I know he is not a

what is that "all black" chicken again? But this will be my consolation prize.although it may be a boy and I will have to give him away like my other roos.
I adopted 5 today to go with these 2.

Your chicks are so cute. I love the names. What program are you using to put the writing on the pictures?

Back
Top Bottom