Northeast Poultry Congress 2013

My first two silkie eggs hatched this morning (a blue and a splash I think). Went to the show and bought 12 more eggs!!! It was so tempting to buy birds, thank god my coop is not set up yet!

We had a great time at our first chicken show. The only chicken i bought was a tiny clay one, that had a little hole under her which hid a tiny egg....she was the cutest thing I have ever seen! in terms of pottery!!
Couldnt find any peeps or eggs of the types I was searching for, was mildy bummed about that, as I was all set up in my car with coolers and warmies for either eggs or peeps!
But man were there some beautiful birds. And it was my hubby's first time seeing any other breed aside from the birds we have. He liked alot of them! The Toulousse Geese really sooo impressed me, my GOD what amazing animals...just so impressive and ...I called them the mastiffs of the bitd world...lmao! I am a mastiff person .

The number of birds was great, eatching the juniors handle so much fun too. It was a long day of driving for us, but worth the trip!

Brewster,
I was a little confused about the bird buying...it was my first time and I arrived early but many of the vendors were not set up until 9. Luckily I had pre-arranged to purchase eggs but what a time I had finding them. About 3 hours into the show I noticed a 2 inch piece of tape on the floor with the vendor's number!

It was a great experience...seeing all of the bird.

Next year I hope to show some silkies and maybe sell a few!

At our hotel, my friend picked up a white silkie chick, and 2 of my birds placed first and one BV. It was a fun day! Back tomorrow for awards and coop out.
I missed your little Polish rooster. I'm pretty sure I saw the porcelain hen, but for whatever reason, didn't find the rooster. I didn't get there 'til 10:30. Just couldn't get out of work early enough and I must have missed out on all the good sales too. Didn't see any Silkie chicks other than a couple of whites and blues that might have been a month or so. Unless someone was hiding all the little ones.
big_smile.png
I did find a blue hen though! Hopefully I made the right decision picking her home for my cockerel. Then I had to run out and get back to work. I know I missed a bunch of stuff but at least I got to see the Silkies and I'm definitely bringing my birds to this show next year!

Is that Ice being judged?

does anyone here know what "color" means when it's written on the coop card? My blue pullet had it written on hers, as well as another blue hen the same shade of blue. She came in last
hmm.png
Also, what do the check marks mean?

I wondered the same thing about the VV. I also saw a -W on some of the cards. At least it looked like a -W. Or just a fancy W.

Fast asleep on my lap in the car. they are so sweet
Love this one! Are these the two little ones that were in a pen next to two white chicks?

I missed your little Polish rooster. I'm pretty sure I saw the porcelain hen, but for whatever reason, didn't find the rooster. I didn't get there 'til 10:30. Just couldn't get out of work early enough and I must have missed out on all the good sales too. Didn't see any Silkie chicks other than a couple of whites and blues that might have been a month or so. Unless someone was hiding all the little ones.
big_smile.png
I did find a blue hen though! Hopefully I made the right decision picking her home for my cockerel. Then I had to run out and get back to work. I know I missed a bunch of stuff but at least I got to see the Silkies and I'm definitely bringing my birds to this show next year!

Is that Ice being judged?

I wondered the same thing about the VV. I also saw a -W on some of the cards. At least it looked like a -W. Or just a fancy W.
Yeah that was ice, poor girly had no idea why some guy was reaching in to grab her and didn't want to cooperate at first to come out. There was a woman with a bunch of tiny chicks, and she had some silkies hiding in the mix.

Great show today! Thanks to everyone who helped out a newbie like me! I saw some wonderful birds, got 5 beauties to join me at home (Thanks Roberta for those beautiful Silkie babies!), saw lots of cool vendors, and was overwhelmed by this community of bird lovers. :)

Great show today! Thanks to everyone who helped out a newbie like me! I saw some wonderful birds, got 5 beauties to join me at home (Thanks Roberta for those beautiful Silkie babies!), saw lots of cool vendors, and was overwhelmed by this community of bird lovers.
smile.png

i also got 2 silkies from roberta! they are so sweet. it was also my first time going and when i opened the entrance door and saw the rows of birds i was in awe. it was awesome seeing so many breeds i was a little overwhelmed and confused at first but figured everything out. I was in dream land lol

Just got back and what a day! I saw some gorgeous birds and am so glad we made the 600+ mile round trip. Didn't see any of "my breeds" in the showroom or saleroom but still a great experience.

Got BB and RB for my seramas, sold every bird I brought but one roo, and bought an absolutely gorgeous black OEGB trio from the same gentlemen who won the old english bantam class! Overall, a very good day! We'll be back tomorrow morning for the awards and to collect our birds!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom