Norwegian Jaerhon

Pics
Question on the Jaerhone folks: Do the hens go broody? I read they "don't tend to" but it wasn't from a source I consider 100% reliable as well as birds in the US can differ from that of their homeland.

Thanks and God bless,
Daniel.

Daniel,

Mine have never gone truly broody; a couple of my hens tend to sit in the nest a while but are easily dissuaded.

Ohhhh, roosterfry.
sad.png

Last edited:
Daniel,

Mine have never gone truly broody; a couple of my hens tend to sit in the nest a while but are easily dissuaded.

Ohhhh, roosterfry.
sad.png
I see, thanks for your reply
smile.png
. I think Jaerhon's are pretty interesting, maybe a breed I wouldn't even mind keeping. But I try to stick with primarily broody breeds now since styrofoam incubators just don't work for me correctly; I wish I had a sportsman again.

God bless,
Daniel.

clap.gif

You are correct, 1 and 2 are girls, 3 and 4 are boys. What a nice little hatch, congrats!

I've got 4 hatching under a broody as I type, woot!

Got my Jaerhons this morning. After a snack and some water I put on a Scandinavian album and had them all doing the schottische by noon!

Dave

I"m looking for some hatching eggs.. do any of you have any? I'm in MN. WIthout reading this entire thread, how is the comb in the Minnesota winters? Do they get frostbite? Thanks for any information.

fshinggrl, several of us ship eggs, me included. I am in WI, my main roo only lost a couple tips this last winter, and the hens experience no problems. I have seen the boys sleep with their heads under their wings, maybe that helps.

Back
Top Bottom