Not Sure if You've Got a Pullet or a Cockerel? Click here! thread 3

Pics
Hello everyone!
I have a few buff Orpingtons at 10 weeks old that I would like to know what gender they are. I have a roo the same age/breed that is already crowing. Are these young cockerals or are they pullets? Thank you in advance!
chick #1

Chick #2

I can take other pictures if you need them. I have another one that looks just like these, but they move so fast I couldn't take a picture very well:)
Those are cockerels.

This is Mrs. Rochester... her husband's name is mr rochester....but now her comb is bigger than his...
. is she a he? I'm just gonna call it 'Pat' Rochester.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your help!
Chick #2 and #3 look like cockerels, I think #1 also maybe one but for some reason I feel like it isn't :/. (most likely is cockerel though due to growth of comb/wattles for that age)

Thanks Chicken Girl1. So I may have 3 cockerels on my hands:) Thank you for the explanation of why you think he is a cock too!
smile.png

Can someone help with these? 1-6 are the ones in question. I dont know the breed since they came out of a straight run bin. I do know that some combs and waddles arent as bright as say the blacks ones. They were bought right around april 13th, 2016, at TSC. Thanks for your help

Last edited:
At what age can you guys tell with Orpingtons? 

6+ weeks

Can someone help with these? 1-6 are the ones in question. I dont know the breed since they came out of a straight run bin. I do know that some combs and waddles arent as bright as say the blacks ones. They were bought right around april 13th, 2016, at TSC. Thanks for your help
need better pics :/

Back
Top Bottom