Not Sure if You've Got a Pullet or a Cockerel? Click here! thread 3

I see at least 2 Cornish cockerels. You don't have any Araucana. You've got an Easter Egger. Looks like a pullet from what I can see.
Ah, I hope they're just masculine pullets. (Trying to stay optimistic, even when the odds are against me)
I see, I actually were a bit unsure if it counts as Araucana or not (atleast according to the US standard)...Cause the thing is that in my country, as long they lack tailfeathers and preferably have the tufts (and "beards" are allowed too), they seem to count as Araucana from what I've seen atleast and "Easter eggers" are practically unheard of here. (The closest are "Grönvärpare" (which means "Green layers") but they rarely seem to have a beard like Easter eggers seem to have...)
I'm not questioning you or anything, just want to learn more, as I am sincerly curious:)

Ah, I hope they're just masculine pullets. (Trying to stay optimistic, even when the odds are against me)
I see, I actually were a bit unsure if it counts as Araucana or not (atleast according to the US standard)...Cause the thing is that in my country, as long they lack tailfeathers and preferably have the tufts (and "beards" are allowed too), they seem to count as Araucana from what I've seen atleast and "Easter eggers" are practically unheard of here. (The closest are "Grönvärpare" (which means "Green layers") but they rarely seem to have a beard like Easter eggers seem to have...)
I'm not questioning you or anything, just want to learn more, as I am sincerly curious:)
Outside of North America, there are two varieties of Araucana. One is tailed, bearded, muffed, and crested. The other is rumpless, muffed, and tufted. Australia and New Zealand do not have the rumpless variety at all.

Outside of North America, there are two varieties of Araucana. One is tailed, bearded, muffed, and crested. The other is rumpless, muffed, and tufted. Australia and New Zealand do not have the rumpless variety at all.
Ok, it seems kinda similiar in my country to what you described outside of North America, actually. Where I live, we usually call the rumpless (with or without muffs/tufts) just Araucana and the tailed type (pretty much exactly like you described it) for British Araucana, although, I've only ever seen Lavendel coloured British Araucana and no other type of colouration at all. Interesting that Australia and New Zealand lacks the rumpless type.
Sorry if I got off topic, just think it's interesting to learn more about one of my favourite breed and how it differs in different places. (And I don't mind if mine are "proper" Araucanas or not, as long as they're rumpless and lays blue eggs, I'm happy.)

Attachments

• IMG_1221.JPG
    IMG_1221.JPG
    350.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1224.JPG
    IMG_1224.JPG
    354.9 KB · Views: 5
Hi, here are a few pictures of my 11 week old Speckled Sussex. What do you think, pullet or cockerel?
IMG_0616.JPG
IMG_0622.JPG
Thanks!

Hi everyone. I got 2 Light Brahmas in March, they are about 15 weeks old now. I noticed a difference right away with size and the development of comb etc and the bright red color. Does anyone know for sure if I have a roo here?

Thank you!
Brahma1.jpg
brahma 3.jpg
image2.JPG

Back
Top Bottom