Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

here is my 4th Dixie Rainbow not sure if female or male

I'm so happy I found this thread
1f600.png

I know the chicks are young (only in their third week) but I just can't stop playing this guessing game!!
Please - any ideas if the following chicks are pullets or cockerels:

Oh my goodness I am so thankful I found this thread!!! I need help with a few.

Blue Cochin mix (6 ish weeks)

2 barred rock or cuckoo maran that are about 6 weeks as well. They started out with all the female chick traits, perfect round dot on head, black splash down legs, quick to feather and get tail feather they are almost identical except one is slightly larger than the other. But the comb and wattle is concerning me now

Lavender Orpington 1 (11-12 weeks)

Lavender Orpington 2 (11-12 weeks)

Last edited:
Got a few buff laced polish chicks from a breeder she said theyre a little older than 4 weeks. Wondering if anyone can help sex this one its a lot bigger than the rest and it has more head feathers.

Oh my goodness I am so thankful I found this thread!!! I need help with a few.

Blue Cochin mix (6 ish weeks)

2 barred rock or cuckoo maran that are about 6 weeks as well. They started out with all the female chick traits, perfect round dot on head, black splash down legs, quick to feather and get tail feather they are almost identical except one is slightly larger than the other. But the comb and wattle is concerning me now

Lavender Orpington 1 (11-12 weeks)

Lavender Orpington 2 (11-12 weeks)

All appear male except for possibly the LO and one barred. Please post pictures in a few more weeks to confirm those.

Got a few buff laced polish chicks from a breeder she said theyre a little older than 4 weeks. Wondering if anyone can help sex this one its a lot bigger than the rest and it has more head feathers.

Too young. Please post pictures when at least 6-8 weeks old.

@zagmum, how sure are you on the age? I suspect that your barred Rock chicks are male black sexlinks (definitely not Marans, wrong skin coloring). And the blue Cochin mix has far too bright of a comb for a 6 week pullet.

@debid they are all about 6-8 weeks. I suspect that the cochin mix is about8 weeks. The other 2 barred are actually supposed to be English Orpington cuckoo. But I've had a few people tell me they think they are maran, barred rock, or even Dominique. But I got them from a breeder that has mostly English Orpington. Everything about them seem to be female but those wattles and combs became big and very pink all of a sudden. :(

Back
Top Bottom